Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

The boys are gonna do it, I just have to figure out how to build it. YouTube to the rescue.

You're going to need something like this... an inline fuse, cheap cooler, some drier hose and a fan that fits in the hose.
 
The boys are gonna do it, I just have to figure out how to build it. YouTube to the rescue.
Wait, fan that blows thru cooler full of ice... or water sprayer that is hooked to a box fan? Cuz... one is pretty easy the other is a little more complicated.
 
I was looking for a good video for you... but I found a whole channel where a guy makes homemade air conditioners. Couldn't just pick one video so here is the whole channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/desertsun02
 
I built a similar project a couple of years ago. However, instead of cooling, it was used for heating. We had a couple of stray cats wander into our garage in the dead of winter. Looking for a place out of the extremely cold temps. I used a larger sized cooler than the one in the video. Cut a couple of holes in the top to house heat lamps and an entry hole in the side. I then added another layer of foam insulation to the inside of the cooler, a flexible plastic flap for a door, a pillow and a soft, cuddly blanket. It got so warm that I had to remove the plastic door. As it turns out, the cats would go and come as they pleased and stayed the whole winter. Of course, we also gave them food and water. They never really became domesticated as they would not let us get too close without running away but, over time, did grow used to our presence.
 
I built a similar project a couple of years ago. However, instead of cooling, it was used for heating. We had a couple of stray cats wander into our garage in the dead of winter. Looking for a place out of the extremely cold temps. I used a larger sized cooler than the one in the video. Cut a couple of holes in the top to house heat lamps and an entry hole in the side. I then added another layer of foam insulation to the inside of the cooler, a flexible plastic flap for a door, a pillow and a soft, cuddly blanket. It got so warm that I had to remove the plastic door. As it turns out, the cats would go and come as they pleased and stayed the whole winter. Of course, we also gave them food and water. They never really became domesticated as they would not let us get too close without running away but, over time, did grow used to our presence.


"Bwana, I think the beasts are starting to trust me" "Why do you say that?" "They are no longer ripping the flesh off my body when I get close"

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
 
Sigh. Looks like three days of heavy rain in a row here. Nice. Speaking of swamp coolers... I live in one. :)


I feel for you. We've been getting hit hard with rain here too. It's stormed nearly every day here for the last couple of weeks. I live right by the Fox River and it's starting to flood again, in some areas. It flooded quite badly a few years ago to the point where the state declared a state of emergency. Yet people continue building multi- million dollar houses along it. I do not know why none of them build on piers but they don't and I just shake my head.
 
Speaking of beasts...1 mom, 2 dad's, 3 kittens
IMG_20190603_194735868.jpg
 
Thanks.

I was talking to a friend this morning and said I sure hope this doesn't come in threes. Just to be on the safe side, I told him off and said I was not longer his friend.

Sorry, but I have to find some humor right now.

Late to the game with travel ...but laughter is the best medicine!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top