Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

IMG_20190131_142652564.jpg
two of these work?
How many K?
 
Coralife bulbs are 1000k I'm getting two of them that's 20000k than adding a couple of grow light bulbs I believe most are at 7,500 so that would be 35k. That's for a 55g
 
Last edited:
I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.

You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.

My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
 
I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.

You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.

My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
He's using it for macro
 
I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.

You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.

My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
Sorry, I know how k works. I was talking and responding at the same time. I'm a dad = poor multitasker.
 
I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.

You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.

My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
I was curious about the same thing!

He's using it for macro
And now I'm scratching my head again...
 
If you have a 10k bulb, and add another 10k bulb you end up with light that is 10k. If you add a 7.5k bulb to it, you end up with light that is something less than 10k.
 
I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.

You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.

My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
56,000 kelvin is daylight.
10-14k would be nice though.
 
If you have a 10k bulb, and add another 10k bulb you end up with light that is 10k. If you add a 7.5k bulb to it, you end up with light that is something less than 10k.
I see what you're saying. I missed that. I was just thinking blue for coral.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top