- Joined
- Mar 26, 2017
- Messages
- 37,351
- Reaction score
- 211,006
How many K?two of these work?![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
How many K?two of these work?![]()
I googled. Those should work. Coralife is 32w.Coralife bulbs are 1000k I've got two of them that's 20000k than adding a couple of grow light bulbs I believe most are at 7,500 so that would be 35k. That's for a 55g
It should work.
He's using it for macroI don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.
You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.
My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
I would do 2 if it was mine.Do I really need two or will one fixture work.
Sorry, I know how k works. I was talking and responding at the same time. I'm a dad = poor multitasker.I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.
You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.
My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
I was curious about the same thing!I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.
You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.
My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
And now I'm scratching my head again...He's using it for macro
Why? I may have misunderstoodI was curious about the same thing!
And now I'm scratching my head again...
56,000 kelvin is daylight.I don't know if you're messing around or not sfin52, but that is not how Kelvin works haha.
You would have 2x 10k (daylight) 7.5k is yellow. So you would have ayellow white light color. Kelvin measures the temperature (color) of the light.
My preferred Kelvin is 14k. A nice bright blue.
8k.If you have a 10k bulb, and add another 10k bulb you end up with light that is 10k. If you add a 7.5k bulb to it, you end up with light that is something less than 10k.
I see what you're saying. I missed that. I was just thinking blue for coral.If you have a 10k bulb, and add another 10k bulb you end up with light that is 10k. If you add a 7.5k bulb to it, you end up with light that is something less than 10k.
I'll trust you on that! We have reached the extent of my knowledge on K.

Coralife labels them as daylight 10,000k56,000 kelvin is daylight.
10-14k would be nice though.

