Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I just found my 3rd dead yellow coris wrasse behind my 90 this week. More interestingly enough I’ve never bought a yellow coris and I’m not missing any of my fish.
 
Fish fairy? Hitchhikers?
One may have been a royal gramma from 7 months ago that went missing, one kinda looked like my Midas blenny that’s also missing, but the one i just found is completely random I have no idea what it would possibly be. Nothing else is missing.
 
One may have been a royal gramma from 7 months ago that went missing, one kinda looked like my Midas blenny that’s also missing, but the one i just found is completely random I have no idea what it would possibly be. Nothing else is missing.
Did the cat have a guilty look? We always blame the cat.
 
Omg now I just found my gold head goby dead ! What is going on! I just saw him eating 30 mins ago. Found him dead, no gill movement. Picked him up with tongs, shook him a bit, full of sand, so much sand. I honestly attempted a few chest compressions to try and jump start his circulatory system but it was to late :( this isn’t my night.
 
Omg now I just found my gold head goby dead ! What is going on! I just saw him eating 30 mins ago. Found him dead, no gill movement. Picked him up with tongs, shook him a bit, full of sand, so much sand. I honestly attempted a few chest compressions to try and jump start his circulatory system but it was to late :( this isn’t my night.
I'm so sorry. Do you think he could have choked on food? I have had it happen.
 
I'm so sorry. Do you think he could have choked on food? I have had it happen.
It must have. He had so much sand inside of him, like more sand than would look like could fit in him for sure. Well my acans will be happy now at least... he was constantly crop dusting them with sand. He was a good fish though, always kept my sandbed perfectly clean. I hope I don’t have issues now with that.
 
I just found my 3rd dead yellow coris wrasse behind my 90 this week. More interestingly enough I’ve never bought a yellow coris and I’m not missing any of my fish.

I am super intrigued. How do you have dead jumpers of fish you have never purchased? Did the tank sitter pull some wierd shinanigans and rehome another clients fish?
 
I am super intrigued. How do you have dead jumpers of fish you have never purchased? Did the tank sitter pull some wierd shinanigans and rehome another clients fish?
I honestly have no idea, I’m very confused as well. My Atlantic blue tang also has a bad case of crypto now to. Haven’t added anything to the tank besides a deep water acro a few weeks back. Things are just all going bad at once. But I am very confused by the 3rd body, jury’s out.
 
Omg now I just found my gold head goby dead ! What is going on! I just saw him eating 30 mins ago. Found him dead, no gill movement. Picked him up with tongs, shook him a bit, full of sand, so much sand. I honestly attempted a few chest compressions to try and jump start his circulatory system but it was to late :( this isn’t my night.
Dang, sorry about your night brother. What a bummer.
 
Is it possible that there is something in the water stressing your fish causing some to jump, and causing the ick to show up?
Thanks man. When I was in Hawaii at the end of April the pet sitter didn’t have the air on or open the windows/doors ever. So it got really hot in my place for a week. The ick was there on the abt when I got back and that’s when my first jump happened, my blue throat trigger, rip. The ick on the abt has just gotten so much worse it’s hard to watch. I tried to catch him to treat but he still is very energetic and swims away super fast. Idk what I'm going to do.
 
Thanks man. When I was in Hawaii at the end of April the pet sitter didn’t have the air on or open the windows/doors ever. So it got really hot in my place for a week. The ick was there on the abt when I got back and that’s when my first jump happened, my blue throat trigger, rip. The ick on the abt has just gotten so much worse it’s hard to watch. I tried to catch him to treat but he still is very energetic and swims away super fast. Idk what I'm going to do.
Ah, man. The damage an uncaring or ignorant tank sitter can do makes me second guess long vacations. I have not yet had the challenge of treating a sick fish. I pray you are able to nurse them back to health. Fwiw i have 2 extra hob filters (tidal 35 and the corallife marine filter with protien skimmer) i can send your way to use if you want to set up a couple temporary hospital tanks.
 
Ah, man. The damage an uncaring or ignorant tank sitter can do makes me second guess long vacations. I have not yet had the challenge of treating a sick fish. I pray you are able to nurse them back to health. Fwiw i have 2 extra hob filters (tidal 35 and the corallife marine filter with protien skimmer) i can send your way to use if you want to set up a couple temporary hospital tanks.
Thanks brother, I’ll let you know if I somehow manage to catch him. I just hope things turn around for the fish soon. Every time I focus on my coral and coral health & put my fish on the back burner something like this happens :( I need to find balance.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top