Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I fell off the ladder yesterday trying to get the wires looking better(OCD) overhead so I have learned my lesson that if it works don't try and fix it.

I could skin you! What the heck are you doing on a ladder?!

Man, you are gonna have to move you and your parents closer so I can keep an eye on you. :)
 
Every time I think about how unhappy I am with my wire management, I go look at pictures of Simon's basement and I breathe a sigh of relief and tell myself I have done well. ;)

I resemble that remark! :P

DSC_0004 (1024x691).jpg
 
Hello,

Wow so much to catch up on lol. Should I get one of those kids plastic spinning wheels (like on some board games) and flick it a few times. Not sure if we are at trivia pursuit or still kids board games :). I had to clean some of my wave makers today and two others in stages. Will do the other three, they may have to soak over night and oh they were so gross.

Hey what are you doing up and out of bed? Alright doc back to getting better and getting some rest!
 
Thanks guys for the kind words and vitamin supplement tips for my Atlantic blue. Having you all really makes this hobby a heck of a lot easier. So thank you, all of you :)
 
Hey what are you doing up and out of bed? Alright doc back to getting better and getting some rest!

Hello;

Lol I have been getting rest and thankfully lots of rain this week has really cleaned the air. I haven’t done much this week except sleep and cough a lot lol. But I managed to get three of pumps (gyre wave maker and return pump clean). Two had to soak overnight so will get those back in and start getting the others finished. It’s amazing they didn’t look sooo bad in the tank, errr outside was another story not to say super gross. I have to say the current ic loop eflux pumps definitely hold up under the grim.

They gyre however that needs cleaning way more often and if not just spreads nuisance stuff every where. But I have managed to watch most of the greatest bugs bunny cartoons lol. Now that I’m finally being cut back on the meds that I have been taking, I’m starting to bounce back to normal. I am thrilled I have work off till Tuesday (I only missed a week), but hey my tank is clearner now, and the stress ick has finally gone away and no new signs or outbreak. I have been reading tons and tons on marine ick and marine velvet etc. some really interesting facts and concepts and probably the biggest is how little we know and how much info is wrong or spread per say.
 
Hello;

Lol I have been getting rest and thankfully lots of rain this week has really cleaned the air. I haven’t done much this week except sleep and cough a lot lol. But I managed to get three of pumps (gyre wave maker and return pump clean). Two had to soak overnight so will get those back in and start getting the others finished. It’s amazing they didn’t look sooo bad in the tank, errr outside was another story not to say super gross. I have to say the current ic loop eflux pumps definitely hold up under the grim.

They gyre however that needs cleaning way more often and if not just spreads nuisance stuff every where. But I have managed to watch most of the greatest bugs bunny cartoons lol. Now that I’m finally being cut back on the meds that I have been taking, I’m starting to bounce back to normal. I am thrilled I have work off till Tuesday (I only missed a week), but hey my tank is clearner now, and the stress ick has finally gone away and no new signs or outbreak. I have been reading tons and tons on marine ick and marine velvet etc. some really interesting facts and concepts and probably the biggest is how little we know and how much info is wrong or spread per say.
Glad to hear things are looking up for you. I’m dealing with a stress ich situation right now as well :(
 
Hello;

Lol I have been getting rest and thankfully lots of rain this week has really cleaned the air. I haven’t done much this week except sleep and cough a lot lol. But I managed to get three of pumps (gyre wave maker and return pump clean). Two had to soak overnight so will get those back in and start getting the others finished. It’s amazing they didn’t look sooo bad in the tank, errr outside was another story not to say super gross. I have to say the current ic loop eflux pumps definitely hold up under the grim.

They gyre however that needs cleaning way more often and if not just spreads nuisance stuff every where. But I have managed to watch most of the greatest bugs bunny cartoons lol. Now that I’m finally being cut back on the meds that I have been taking, I’m starting to bounce back to normal. I am thrilled I have work off till Tuesday (I only missed a week), but hey my tank is clearner now, and the stress ick has finally gone away and no new signs or outbreak. I have been reading tons and tons on marine ick and marine velvet etc. some really interesting facts and concepts and probably the biggest is how little we know and how much info is wrong or spread per say.
Please share no judgment here. No ich or qt police as well
 
Been awhile since I checked in to the thread hope the tanks are good and all is well.
I am getting ready to get my AWC going and purchase a rabbitfish from Live aquaria or someone else that has small ones.

A while back I got a rabbit fish there but he didn’t make it. They gave me credit I’ll get one again soon as my tang gang nestles in. I have my AWC all plumbed hair have to hook up the DOS hopefully this weekend.
 
autowaterchange.jpg

This is the AWC unit next to my RO/DI. Not the best wire management but it works

How close is that DOS to the tank. I was thinking it would be in my cabinet not in my water room. Now I’m rethinking my plan
 
How close is that DOS to the tank. I was thinking it would be in my cabinet not in my water room. Now I’m rethinking my plan
I have mine 88feet from the tank :cool:. The DOS can send water way over 100feet so no problem there
To do this you have to get a non repeater(passive) usb cable and run them to the Apex.(it took 4 25ft cables these to be exact- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006HDAAC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The hard part was running the cables through the crawl space along with all the RO line the prime the dos unit which took 25 min. Rest was easy peasy :P
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@Manose if you need a full time chaperone, I live close enough to do it! :)
OMG you might regret having to keep up with me and my mishaps :P

@Manose The hippie kid and I can come over and help with your cord management issues. Anything else for that matter. We don't have your knowledge, but we take instruction well.
I would LOVE to have you guys up here anytime and play around with the tank and cords.

That includes the store!!!
As for the store I will probably never set foot in there again so I am going online only till @dantimdad gets his shop finished. I wish I lived where other people that had reef tanks lived just to hang out and talk.
 
OMG you might regret having to keep up with me and my mishaps :p


I would LOVE to have you guys up here anytime and play around with the tank and cords.


As for the store I will probably never set foot in there again so I am going online only till @dantimdad gets his shop finished. I wish I lived where other people that had reef tanks lived just to hang out and talk.
I'm the same way.
 
I have mine 88feet from the tank :cool:. The DOS can send water way over 100feet so no problem there
To do this you have to get a non repeater(passive) usb cable and run them to the Apex.(it took 4 25ft cables these to be exact- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006HDAAC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The hard part was running the cables through the crawl space along with all the RO line the prime the dos unit which took 25 min. Rest was easy peasy :P

I preinstalled the tubing in the crawl space and ran it through conduit. I’d much rather keep the DOS in the water closet and get down in there and run another cable. Thanks for the idea. Love this forum!

44c7b742308e66f21bda8893b570df54.jpg


Here is my seven stage I tried to load a pic of my crawl space to show how I ran the tubing but for some reason it says it is an “adult” image and won’t let it load. Not even so much as a human hair shown in the pic. Anyway, I make RODI 50 at a time but my SW tank is 75 so I was thinking of 3 gal a day. Sounds like the DOS heads only last about 600-700 hours so I guess I’ll Change our the 3 gals over just a couple of hours instead of all night.
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OMG you might regret having to keep up with me and my mishaps :P


I would LOVE to have you guys up here anytime and play around with the tank and cords.


As for the store I will probably never set foot in there again so I am going online only till @dantimdad gets his shop finished. I wish I lived where other people that had reef tanks lived just to hang out and talk.

Ditto
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top