Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Anyone got any suggestions for fish to look for while im out fish shopping tomorrow? Id say give me corals to look for but ive got that down. haha. i know @Katrina71 will want pics, so i have to make sure i get pretty fish. (Yes im buying a scopas, leave me alone, i know my duties! LOLOL)

BTW, I suggest Midas Blenny. A new fish for me this reef and it is an amazing critter.
08C1EFEF-8659-449B-875C-D79750B5DA4E.jpeg


 
Hello,

There are amazing benefits to small tanks and large tanks as well. I have to assume a biocube is much simpler to set up than my 240. Setting a 240 up was a nightmare honestly. I did put it off longer than normal.

At the same time since it’s been going, it’s literslly it’s own ecosystem. I don’t have to spend much time on it, and it does handle swings better. The down side is of this thing every breaks it’s going be epic. Also moving a 240 is like trying to a 12 bedroom house with two people and all the rooms are filled.

But, there is something about watching my coral grow massive and tangs racing in the tank that makes me say I can’t wait for my 425. But those nano cubes are simple cost effective and easy to move. Heck of a lot cheaper to start than a 240.
 
I'm looking for purple zoa of pally
I have some small purple zoas. Not sure of the name... not quite ready to frag yet. Not sure it would be easy to do with my rock anyway.

20181119_173927.jpg
 
Hello,

There are amazing benefits to small tanks and large tanks as well. I have to assume a biocube is much simpler to set up than my 240. Setting a 240 up was a nightmare honestly. I did put it off longer than normal.

At the same time since it’s been going, it’s literslly it’s own ecosystem. I don’t have to spend much time on it, and it does handle swings better. The down side is of this thing every breaks it’s going be epic. Also moving a 240 is like trying to a 12 bedroom house with two people and all the rooms are filled.

But, there is something about watching my coral grow massive and tangs racing in the tank that makes me say I can’t wait for my 425. But those nano cubes are simple cost effective and easy to move. Heck of a lot cheaper to start than a 240.

425?!? :eek:

I'm jealous. I'd love to have room for a huge tank. I have an idea for one, but it'll be a long way down the road.
 
Hello,

There are amazing benefits to small tanks and large tanks as well. I have to assume a biocube is much simpler to set up than my 240. Setting a 240 up was a nightmare honestly. I did put it off longer than normal.

At the same time since it’s been going, it’s literslly it’s own ecosystem. I don’t have to spend much time on it, and it does handle swings better. The down side is of this thing every breaks it’s going be epic. Also moving a 240 is like trying to a 12 bedroom house with two people and all the rooms are filled.

But, there is something about watching my coral grow massive and tangs racing in the tank that makes me say I can’t wait for my 425. But those nano cubes are simple cost effective and easy to move. Heck of a lot cheaper to start than a 240.

+1, im scared to move the 75, imagine my 750 :(
 
I am ready for a tank that has a sump. I'm ready for more space for corals and a nem. A bigger tank will happen. I just have to be patient. I'm going to be challenged with my budget. I may be taking on a second job for a bit. I figure 1k will get me something decent to build on. @dantimdad is doing a very nice tank! I don't have all of the skills to DIY stuff like him, but I will manage.
 
The hippie kid's sps is growing like crazy. In his tank, torches and GSP are his most challenging. It really frustrates him.

Hard to get that perfect balance in a mixed reef. I am learning this as well. My SPS are rocking, but my Acans and Alveopora are struggling lately.

 
The hippie kid's sps is growing like crazy. In his tank, torches and GSP are his most challenging. It really frustrates him.

Hard to get that perfect balance in a mixed reef. I am learning this as well. My SPS are rocking, but my Acans and Alveopora are struggling lately.

Interesting, the main reason for my re-scape was my acros, they needed more light, I think a mixed reef is one of the harder things to keep, mine is also only 18" tall, light and flow can be very challenging! :)

DSC_0007 (1024x633).jpg
 
I am ready for a tank that has a sump. I'm ready for more space for corals and a nem. A bigger tank will happen. I just have to be patient. I'm going to be challenged with my budget. I may be taking on a second job for a bit. I figure 1k will get me something decent to build on. @dantimdad is doing a very nice tank! I don't have all of the skills to DIY stuff like him, but I will manage.
Even if you don't DIY as much, you do know how much help you will have, right? We can keep you in budget.
 
Don't be. We got your back. And a hug when I see ya. LoL

Seriously, I know you will try not to accept, but, when I'm setup a LOT of stuff is getting given away so just hang tight.

I decided to declutter and will keep a few backup components and dump the rest.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top