Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

IMG_20190131_165255608.jpg
It’s a pretty bulb. A good one to use to buld the base kelvin.
Adding a warmer one or grow light will help the plants.
 
Yes plants/ algae prefer the more yellow light. Hence grow lights being more yellow
@saltyfilmfolks when I visit California, can you have flashcards to explain lighting to me better? I promise to buy the drinks.
Absolutely. I actually give a class.
It’s at a bar.
Conveniently. :)

Coral light needs.
FEB9CAE1-3388-4855-AE8F-C2B8E60EDDBA.jpeg

Green plant light needs.
6CB069B5-D517-40DA-8F48-182B650D7D1D.jpeg


This is 6500k (56k is almost completely even “full spectrum”
B3F56310-191B-45AB-92A0-4D3AEBC9C185.jpeg

This illustrates why and daylight bulb between 4,000 and 10,000 will grow coral. It contains all the colors coral and plants need.
Visually it may not suit your personal tastes.

A myth buster note ,
algae and plants NEED blue light. (Sky blue , ocean blue , evolution)
 
Absolutely. I actually give a class.
It’s at a bar.
Conveniently. :)

Coral light needs.
FEB9CAE1-3388-4855-AE8F-C2B8E60EDDBA.jpeg

Green plant light needs.
6CB069B5-D517-40DA-8F48-182B650D7D1D.jpeg


This is 6500k (56k is almost completely even “full spectrum”
B3F56310-191B-45AB-92A0-4D3AEBC9C185.jpeg

This illustrates why and daylight bulb between 4,000 and 10,000 will grow coral. It contains all the colors coral and plants need.
Visually it may not suit your personal tastes.

A myth buster note ,
algae and plants NEED blue light. (Sky blue , ocean blue , evolution)
Thanks for the crash course on lights spectrum
 
Nah. Don't be. Somebody's lighting project. I have a lot of trouble understanding lighting.
i mean, id like to learn but ive got a lot on plate to try to learn lighting. lol. Anyone want to take an exam for me?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top