Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

The 2 top fish need very large tanks @Musovski. Batfish can grow 16-30" and Naso top out at about 1 1/2 feet.....
i know, the naso will fit in the tank im building but i dont want one. The bat fish are just strange. i took a pic to share it here.
 
No LFS for me today, I’ve been waiting for a phone call from the 865 all day and they have terrible reception.... Bum excuse you say? OK, I’m being lazy but did do a water change.
Yeah, i was lazy too so made my brother drive me to the LFS since he just got his license. hehehehe
 
I had a batfish in a purpose built tank in the 90s I basically put in plastic corkscrew val 3 ft. tall in a 48x24x36 tank it was him and a few monos. Pretty cool looking. Ran it at 1.019 salinity. We called it half marine water. LOL!
 
That's a pretty crab. Looks not reef safe
Looks like a Blue Crab and those are swimmers! Definitely not reef safe. :D
 
Looks like a Blue Crab and those are swimmers! Definitely not reef safe. :D
indeed. but if someone has a nice you know, 1000g fowlr and is looking for a $5 crab, welllllll there is one.
 
Those are common here on the Gulf. Good eating too. Knew someone with a 600 gallon and he thought it would be cool to toss in a half dozen baby blue crabs. What could it hurt? Ha. Took him a while to get them all out. :-)
 
Those are common here on the Gulf. Good eating too. Knew someone with a 600 gallon and he thought it would be cool to toss in a half dozen baby blue crabs. What could it hurt? Ha. Took him a while to get them all out. :)
lol yeah, we catch them up here in new york when we go fishing. fun things to catch but boy do that hurt.
 
IMG_20190202_135215988.jpg
IMG_20190202_135500728.jpg
IMG_20190202_135732795.jpg
IMG_20190202_135415065.jpg
IMG_20190202_135415065.jpg
 
i know, the naso will fit in the tank im building but i dont want one. The bat fish are just strange. i took a pic to share it here.
That's what older brothers do. Help younger get experience
 
I would like to correct my earlier statement about the medusa worms.

They CAN be kept in established reef tanks that are able to dose/maintain a good supply of plankton/pod type food.

Just a particular subspecies can ONLY eat off a particular sponge. The other species are good detritus/filter feeder cleaners.
 
my gt is Mxsovski. im getting on soon.
Still traveling than getting corals in the tank. I'm sure my son Stefan will be on. He better than me.

Picked up some Vietnam bam Bam zoanthids for $20 with about 25 polyps
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top