Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Do I need 2 heaters? I know I need one for the sump, but do I need one for the DT too?
If your heater will fit in the sump you are golden and I wouldn't put one in the DT. On my system I have the ehiem 300 wt. That dude is 20" long and wouldn't fit in my sump so I was forced to have it showing in the DT.
 
Water is still circulating and exchanging between your sump and your DT. My tank is 29" deep, if my heater fit in my sump it would be there in a heart beat. One of the beauties of the sump is having the ability to hide the eye sore equipment.
 
Do I need 2 heaters? I know I need one for the sump, but do I need one for the DT too?
Prob not the water going into the tank won't loose much if any heat. Unless you keep your house below 60.
 
I am a Saints fan since 1967 (their first year). I may have to watch the game because it will be on where I will be this afternoon, but really not interested in it in the least now

That was a beyond horrible no call. That would have been a catch for sure. I'm surprised they didn't run it on 1st down. That would have eaten another time out. Just horrible ending to a great game .

Then they give mvp to Holmes. Are you kidding me. Brees had a better year.
 
This whole shallow tank without a hood just had me thinking about how fast it would cool off in the DT. The house temp is usually 73 ish(vaulted ceilings)
It'll be fine my 75g is in the basement coldest area in the house. 68 in the summer and maybe a little colder in in the winter. No problems. Evaporation will be a concern. Do you have an ato.
 
That was a beyond horrible no call. That would have been a catch for sure. I'm surprised they didn't run it on 1st down. That would have eaten another time out. Just horrible ending to a great game .

Then they give mvp to Holmes. Are you kidding me. Brees had a better year.
Sean Payton spoke about the play calling on the end of that drive. Yes, they could have run and run the clock down, but they didn't want to kick the FG. They wanted to score a TD. Brees just threw the 1st down pass to Thomas in the dirt. Had the penalty been called, they would have likely knelt three times and then kicked the FG, leaving the Rams with about 29 seconds on the clock and no time outs. On the no call, the official thought the pass was tipped, so no interference would have applied. Problem is, the pass was nowhere near tipped and the helmet to helmet was obvious. None of it matters now. Really hate that the last two seasons have ended on plays that will forever live in the NFL highlight reels. (Stephan Diggs miracle catch & score on the final play for the Vikes last year).

On the MVP deal, to be honest, Majomes had a great year from start to finish. Drew's QB rating from the Dallas game (week 13) on was only 55. The O Line struggled with multiple major parts playing injured, or out completely for the end stretch. Brees can't run, so if the protection is not there, he is just an average QB. I am really disappointed that his legacy was likely affected by an official.

Sorry @Katrina71 :-)
 
I think I have everything to get this party started! I am looking for a pump and I'm bidding on a controller for the lights.
Surprised you found one already. I think most people did like I did and threw them away when upgrading. Don't let it go, if you have a chance to buy it now.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top