Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Congratz to the Katrina Camp...Something about shallow reefs, I Just like them! ...Dont forget the mangroves ;)
 
The hippie kid wants to keep this tank rimless. No canopy. I guess we are going topless. I will have to DIY a screen top until I can afford one from Octoaquatics.
I will print up a set of my 3d corners for the top.
 
The hippie kid wants to keep this tank rimless. No canopy. I guess we are going topless. I will have to DIY a screen top until I can afford one from Octoaquatics.
For the screen tops with rimless tanks, these clips allow the top to sit inside the top of the tank for a little cleaner look. I found some on eBay for 10mm. You will likely need a little larger clip.

4A5DF92B-C33D-4249-AB7B-D69648308C39.jpeg
 
For the screen tops with rimless tanks, these clips allow the top to sit inside the top of the tank for a little cleaner look. I found some on eBay for 10mm. You will likely need a little larger clip.

4A5DF92B-C33D-4249-AB7B-D69648308C39.jpeg

I have eight of those in the package you can have.

But you won't need them with my corners I came up with. They are slick.

You will need a 36" screen frame kit from Walmart and a spline roller. Then get some screen from either brs or Amazon. I will send corners and you can get on YouTube and look at a screen assembly videos.
 
There is another piece I don't know what to call. In the overflow...the pipe that leads to the sump (return pipe?) There is a U shaped piece to make it quiet.
Sounds like Durso style drain system. It’s your drain pipe. Return pipe would be connected to the return pump.
 
I have eight of those in the package you can have.

But you won't need them with my corners I came up with. They are slick.

You will need a 36" screen frame kit from Walmart and a spline roller. Then get some screen from either brs or Amazon. I will send corners and you can get on YouTube and look at a screen assembly videos.
I am willing to try anything with the top!
 
For the screen tops with rimless tanks, these clips allow the top to sit inside the top of the tank for a little cleaner look. I found some on eBay for 10mm. You will likely need a little larger clip.

4A5DF92B-C33D-4249-AB7B-D69648308C39.jpeg
I’m 99% sure I have a bunch of 1/2” clips I’ll send down.
 
I definitely want y'all's input on a light mount. 2 AI Sol blue lights... I don't like all the blue light in fish stores. I prefer mine in a hood or canopy. This is going to have to be a wall mount. I want it trimmed out in wood. More furniture finish than indoor grow looking.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top