Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

There is a high school here that you have to be invited to. It is the L&N Stem Academy in Knoxville. I'd like to know what y'all think about trying to get Andrew in there or letting him finish with his peers.

That is a tough mom dilemma. I will say this, my daughters have maintained good friendships with friends who went to different schools or moved far away. Kids are much more interconnected nowadays with devices. My youngest FaceTimes with her best friend who moved to California. My oldest plays Fortnite with one of her boyfriends in Rhode Island. They make it work.

I think he is mature and smart enough you should ask his opinion. It may be difficult for him to understand how it will benefit him, so ask him, does he feel bored at school sometimes? Would he like to learn more at a faster pace? Can he rise to a greater challenge?

I think it would be great for him personally.


 
There is a high school here that you have to be invited to. It is the L&N Stem Academy in Knoxville. I'd like to know what y'all think about trying to get Andrew in there or letting him finish with his peers.
ok, ill tell you what i think.

I went to school in a specialized highschool. Graduated in the top 10 of my class, number 8 to be specific. I attended Staten Island Tech. Highschool where i worked my rear end off day in, day out. In the end I recieved my diploma with a bunch of stamps showing my success. That diploma itself weighed so much more than my SAT score for school. I didnt get accepted into any ivy league schools, however my scores and average were eligible. I did get accepted in some prestigious colleges because of the work that was put with S.I.T. highschool. A generic highschool doesnt push students to the max as some people think it does. A highschool of higher excellence pushes students to places where a student would have never thought. It allows that 16 year old to think critically instead of waiting for college to get involved in critical thinking. In a way when you apply with a diploma from a school such as S.I.T. it influences your acceptance to College much more than you think.

Now i see you are involving peers... I love peers but to be completely honest, that highschool crush that i fell for and that best friend or acquaintance that i got involved with never mattered. Those guys werent there to help in my journey to where i am now, and they still arent there to levitate with me to a higher level in life. In the end, those peers come and go... ive gone through best friends like i go through Mysis. There will always be people to have a social life with but when an opportunity is given to get something, just grab it.

Sort of like the tank you just bought, there was an opportunity to grab it and you did. Same goes with life for us younger generation.

I WILL NOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT EVEN IF YOU DONT GET INTO A SPECIALIZED HIGHSCHOOL, A HIGHSCHOOL OF ANY SORT WILL DO JUST FINE AS LONG AS YOU ARE A GREAT STUDENT! (im leaving this in caps because i had a fight with some kid who thought just because i went to S.I.T. i had a better chance of getting into something. Although he was partially right, i will have to say my 101.83% average was way better looking than his 76%....)

I just want to let it be known, i have a friend who went to a non specialized highschool, graduated with a higher average than me, she sat at around 103.xx% She got accepted into Yale. Reason being: Hard Work. The only reason i was able to compete was because of that special name: Staten Island Tech.
 
ok, ill tell you what i think.

I went to school in a specialized highschool. Graduated in the top 10 of my class, number 8 to be specific. I attended Staten Island Tech. Highschool where i worked my rear end off day in, day out. In the end I recieved my diploma with a bunch of stamps showing my success. That diploma itself weighed so much more than my SAT score for school. I didnt get accepted into any ivy league schools, however my scores and average were eligible. I did get accepted in some prestigious colleges because of the work that was put with S.I.T. highschool. A generic highschool doesnt push students to the max as some people think it does. A highschool of higher excellence pushes students to places where a student would have never thought. It allows that 16 year old to think critically instead of waiting for college to get involved in critical thinking. In a way when you apply with a diploma from a school such as S.I.T. it influences your acceptance to College much more than you think.

Now i see you are involving peers... I love peers but to be completely honest, that highschool crush that i fell for and that best friend or acquaintance that i got involved with never mattered. Those guys werent there to help in my journey to where i am now, and they still arent there to levitate with me to a higher level in life. In the end, those peers come and go... ive gone through best friends like i go through Mysis. There will always be people to have a social life with but when an opportunity is given to get something, just grab it.

Sort of like the tank you just bought, there was an opportunity to grab it and you did. Same goes with life for us younger generation.

I WILL NOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT EVEN IF YOU DONT GET INTO A SPECIALIZED HIGHSCHOOL, A HIGHSCHOOL OF ANY SORT WILL DO JUST FINE AS LONG AS YOU ARE A GREAT STUDENT! (im leaving this in caps because i had a fight with some kid who thought just because i went to S.I.T. i had a better chance of getting into something. Although he was partially right, i will have to say my 101.83% average was way better looking than his 76%....)

I just want to let it be known, i have a friend who went to a non specialized highschool, graduated with a higher average than me, she sat at around 103.xx% She got accepted into Yale. Reason being: Hard Work. The only reason i was able to compete was because of that special name: Staten Island Tech.
Well...that does help. I just want him to continue being challenged.
 
Last edited:
He

Well...that does help. I just want him to continue being challenged.
Regardless, topics in highschool become challenging over time. However, in a sp. highschool, it becomes competitive. Who can do this better than who and who is faster at this than who. Its a great way to experience hustle but have fun with it, especially learning. It is also a little more strict making it challenging mentally and physically rather than just mentally. I will say this though, with a highschool as such i had barely any time to be a teen, as i had spent 5+ hours doing nonstop homework.
 
I can't afford an Ivy league school anyway. I would hate to see him bogged down with student loans.
thats why there is financial aid and scholarships!!!
 
I can't afford an Ivy league school anyway. I would hate to see him bogged down with student loans.
you can literally get a scholarship for anything. I get a $500 scholarship for just attending a meeting every semester.
 
sorry for going off, hehe. I just think that if the opportunity is given for success at a higher stature it should be taken. Those friends who want to stay will stay, those who want to leave well... you know.. they can go damsel off..

just do whatever you want that wont leave you with penitence
 
@Musovski I'm kinda on the same page.
I know you can do it Mama Kat! if you dont mind, im going to reference hippie kid as Drew. 'Drew is a very smart young man it seems. At a young age looks to have ambition, smarts, patience and probably can do a really good talking to these gals out here. haha just kidding, not old enough just yet! As long as Drew gets input on the future, i think all should be fine.
 
Well, he said he'd rather go to the Stem Academy. I guess I need to start writing letters.
Smart man! GET IT DREW! You got this!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top