Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

@Rakie your post was excellent and a good read as were the responses. As someone who had planted freshwater tanks I completely agree. The main concern for me in those planted tanks was maintaining the best possible conditions for the plants. The livestock and everything else would fall into place and work perfectly from there. In reefs there tend to be two differences from the freshwater example. (1) The Chaetomorpha, as you imply, is often thrown in and not given the attention and care needed. (2) The corals compete for many of the same nutrients as the Chaetomorpha.

If I ever own a large system I would use an ATS as the backbone of the system. I would approach it the same way as my planted tanks. The prime focus would be the health and growth of the algae.

 
There is a lot of serious reefing in this thread between the fun and games.


As one of my friend says, “I live for this”. LOL. except she says that for Dunkin doughnuts.
 
How do they do with wrasse and tangs on the lesser aggressive side. I been thinking about a pair but don’t see much about them

@Musovski they are good looking pair. Mine want to meet yours and have a swinger party
I've got mine in with a sailfin and a foxface no problems.
 
Little B!7ch comes to mind.... Like my female clown..... Got me again today you mean as& little B!%^&*% ! ! !


Clowns7.jpg


Trying to get my green trumpet out so I could attach it to a 4x4 travertine tile(conchs keep knocking it over) and she comes up and nails me..... My hand was at the top of the tank and well away from "HER" area..... MALB ! ! !
 

The other day I thought about what would my life have been like without a reef tank.

Other than richer money wise, I wouldn’t be able to be apart of such a healthy community. So I’m safe to say, we are richer in a bottle of Ski and Salt type of way.
 
I've got mine in with a sailfin and a foxface no problems.

Are foxfaces worth it? I’ve been interested in those but just haven’t pulled the thread.
 
@NY_Caveman what is ATS?

Thank you @Rakie for taking the time to write that. It really pointed out a lot that I didn’t think about. I see some great things having a fuge but also see it cause problems. Now I understand why a little better
 
Little B!7ch comes to mind.... Like my female clown..... Got me again today you mean as& little B!%^&*% ! ! !


Clowns7.jpg


Trying to get my green trumpet out so I could attach it to a 4x4 travertine tile(conchs keep knocking it over) and she comes up and nails me..... My hand was at the top of the tank and well away from "HER" area..... MALB ! ! !
thats hilarious. I call my yellow eyed kole tang something along the lines of Fat ugly W word because all she does it nip at my hand when i go to put my hand in the tank. Then listen to this, she stops nipping at me but wont leave me the hell alone to do my work. She'll literally stay by my hand the entire time, even lets me pet her.
 
@Musovski Foxface are really cool. Becareful around them they have venomous spines .
@Rakie I second that motion.
I was thinking the same thing in planing my macroalgea tank. Any recommendations on supplements. I dose furtizers in my freshwater planted tank. I just assumed macro would need to be the same way.

Truly this thread is a wealth of knowledge by amazing individuals. @Katrina71 is the gooey center that holds us all together.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top