- Joined
- Mar 26, 2017
- Messages
- 37,351
- Reaction score
- 211,006
Um...it was self defense every time.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Um...it was self defense every time.
Um...it was self defense every time.
Yes. 23 years.wow, you were a cop
I have some, but I want to give everybody options.How about some of those large barnacles shells like the stores carry for caves. Paul has some in his tank.
It was just a job.wow, you were a cop
How about some of those large barnacles shells like the stores carry for caves. Paul has some in his tank.
Beautiful!How are the new SPS.
I have a lot of reading to catch up on lol, so far skimming through I like what I read thank you.@fishyfishyfishy can attest to bottoming out po4 and no3. His tank is doing much better and is the midst of a great ha outbreak.
Sorry to drag you into this monster. You'll find this is one awesome thread, wealth of knowledge and all around great people.
Cliff's notes are easier...3 tanks later and the 4th about to start. I'm the special ed kid.I have a lot of reading to catch up on lol, so far skimming through I like what I read thank you.
This is a good summaryIn celebration of the 10,000th thread post @Katrina71 this is your reefing life! This is not intended to embarrass you (it may). This is to celebrate a reefer whose spirit and generosity bring great joy to all of us who frequent your thread and to R2R in general.
It all started 681 days ago on March 26th, 2017 with this:
“I am brand new to saltwater. My son got an 8 gallon bio cube.“
Who knew then that Katrina would go on to become one of the most well liked reefers on this amazing site?
The 8 gallon tank was modest, but loaded with charm.
![]()
![]()
Soon after came the Oceanic 28.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Her fish love giving her kisses.
![]()
Following that addition, Andrew received his 32 Gallon BioCube in December, 2017 for his new Clownfish.
![]()
![]()
In September, 2018 the clever little hippie even upgraded his own lights.
![]()
Then of course, the 3 gallon Christmas Cubey was added in December, 2018.
![]()
One lucky kid for sure!
In December we all had a big scare when Goblin had a run in with Weirdo.
![]()
![]()
Luckily, she survived being stung and Weirdo has since stayed put.
As we all know, the need for a bigger tank is an inevitable part of reefing and Katrina was no exception. She thought her search would be long, but this past Saturday, we all read one of my favorite posts ever:
"We own a new tank!"
There was much rejoicing,
The new tank has a lot of potential. It more than doubles her current display size. Add the sump and it more than triples the overall water volume.
![]()
We cannot wait to see it in action!
Katrina, you have come a long way to become the wise reefer you are today. We all benefit from your reefing skill, we admire your "I got this" attitude and most of all, we value you as a friend. Congratulations on your 10,000th post!
I agree thank you
congratulations on your 4th we have been slowly getting our second setup together then I got cyano and Dino’s and can’t seem to move forward until this one is out of the woods. My plan is both on 1 sump but I can’t do that until this one clears up.Cliff's notes are easier...3 tanks later and the 4th about to start. I'm the special ed kid.
One day I might try that. Right now I'm learning sumps from square one.congratulations on your 4th we have been slowly getting our second setup together then I got cyano and Dino’s and can’t seem to move forward until this one is out of the woods. My plan is both on 1 sump but I can’t do that until this one clears up.
I’m still trying to figure them out too, so many different variations and optionsOne day I might try that. Right now I'm learning sumps from square one.
After all my reading I feel it would make life much easier, however I’m worried about dosing costs lol he already freaks out over the amount I have to dose to keep 5 ppm steadyIf I'm allowed a next tank itll have a sump.

