Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

How about some of those large barnacles shells like the stores carry for caves. Paul has some in his tank.

I like like those barnacles but never saw them locally. Must admit I could look harder but the LFS trips are little over whelming with joy
 
@fishyfishyfishy can attest to bottoming out po4 and no3. His tank is doing much better and is the midst of a great ha outbreak.

Sorry to drag you into this monster. You'll find this is one awesome thread, wealth of knowledge and all around great people.
I have a lot of reading to catch up on lol, so far skimming through I like what I read thank you.
 
@fishyfishyfishy
In celebration of the 10,000th thread post @Katrina71 this is your reefing life! This is not intended to embarrass you (it may). This is to celebrate a reefer whose spirit and generosity bring great joy to all of us who frequent your thread and to R2R in general.

It all started 681 days ago on March 26th, 2017 with this:

“I am brand new to saltwater. My son got an 8 gallon bio cube.“

Who knew then that Katrina would go on to become one of the most well liked reefers on this amazing site?

The 8 gallon tank was modest, but loaded with charm.
CF0D0C8D-3AC6-407F-BB26-E8F4CF944E04.jpeg

78E3E592-FFEB-44D7-A9C3-1C77D5A41B76.jpeg


Soon after came the Oceanic 28.
CCCC7308-DD9F-411A-8800-4E1C8D255859.jpeg

4E50F2F7-16B6-499E-A219-64F0C75EBAFF.jpeg

9B517FD9-3057-4B3F-A605-37709EB48D07.jpeg


Her fish love giving her kisses.
1E291897-D45C-4DD4-91E4-CD7C61865A42.jpeg


Following that addition, Andrew received his 32 Gallon BioCube in December, 2017 for his new Clownfish.

2F88CF40-AED6-4474-8707-A18F8B712A3A.jpeg

1E172B4C-38BA-46A3-A0E9-BABAEE722D1F.jpeg


In September, 2018 the clever little hippie even upgraded his own lights.
62CF5012-BEB3-42E0-BEFF-4352EC75E8E8.jpeg


Then of course, the 3 gallon Christmas Cubey was added in December, 2018.
CC59F01C-2C83-4888-B736-3932587AADBD.jpeg


One lucky kid for sure!


In December we all had a big scare when Goblin had a run in with Weirdo.
0F3C5188-EE13-4A44-8303-5A63BBB9D33A.jpeg

80CB01A8-3369-4D0B-81A9-ED60A5B76F36.jpeg


Luckily, she survived being stung and Weirdo has since stayed put.


As we all know, the need for a bigger tank is an inevitable part of reefing and Katrina was no exception. She thought her search would be long, but this past Saturday, we all read one of my favorite posts ever:

"We own a new tank!"

There was much rejoicing,

The new tank has a lot of potential. It more than doubles her current display size. Add the sump and it more than triples the overall water volume.
79246D91-B4C0-421C-94CF-3B3B63A7F6C9.jpeg


We cannot wait to see it in action!


Katrina, you have come a long way to become the wise reefer you are today. We all benefit from your reefing skill, we admire your "I got this" attitude and most of all, we value you as a friend. Congratulations on your 10,000th post!

This is a good summary
 
Cliff's notes are easier...3 tanks later and the 4th about to start. I'm the special ed kid.
congratulations on your 4th we have been slowly getting our second setup together then I got cyano and Dino’s and can’t seem to move forward until this one is out of the woods. My plan is both on 1 sump but I can’t do that until this one clears up.
 
congratulations on your 4th we have been slowly getting our second setup together then I got cyano and Dino’s and can’t seem to move forward until this one is out of the woods. My plan is both on 1 sump but I can’t do that until this one clears up.
One day I might try that. Right now I'm learning sumps from square one.
 
If I'm allowed a next tank itll have a sump.
After all my reading I feel it would make life much easier, however I’m worried about dosing costs lol he already freaks out over the amount I have to dose to keep 5 ppm steady
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top