Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

BTW, salifert test kits for phos and nitrate arrive today. I am having an issue with cyano and SPS polyp extension. Calcium is 410, alk 9 and mag is 1330 (Those numbers are suspect because of the test kits but I don't think they are far off).

Ammonia alert shows fine. (Keep in mind I don't tell the colors, Sherry looks at the tests for me) ;)
I use the Salifert teat kits. I cant distinguish on the phos. The color is hard to read at low levels.
 
Andrew lost his Oregon tort. It got knocked over and stung by a chalice. His heart is broken.
Bummer. At least it was accidental. I jumped the gun on a purple stylophora and it bleached out in 4 days. I am bringing it back to the lfs in hopes it survives, but I feel like a jerk. I knew not to try sps for a year.
 
Andrew lost his Oregon tort. It got knocked over and stung by a chalice. His heart is broken.
Not the tort! Of all things. It was doing so well too. He must be heartbroken.

 
Sorry to hear about the tort. I bought one once. I killed it before it got in tank. Bone cutters trying to cut it off of the stupid black hard plastic frag plug. It shot across the room and smashed against a wall and exploded into micro-frags. Sad ending for a nice coral. I now handle this procedure a little differently.
 
Sorry to hear about the tort. I bought one once. I killed it before it got in tank. Bone cutters trying to cut it off of the stupid black hard plastic frag plug. It shot across the room and smashed against a wall and exploded into micro-frags. Sad ending for a nice coral. I now handle this procedure a little differently.
I never buy corals on these plugs for that reason... they are from Rock Hard Reef.

211110-rock-hard-reefs-plugs-c.jpg
 
I like plugs that are crumbly (with just a little persuasion). Also prefer that my corals not come encrusted on something that looks like a pregnant golf tee. :-)
 
Tonight at scouts...they told Andrew they wanted me to go to camp as a leader. The look was priceless. I would be the first female leader to ever go to camp. I'm not going, but the look...
 
Tonight at scouts...they told Andrew they wanted me to go to camp as a leader. The look was priceless. I would be the first female leader to ever go to camp. I'm not going, but the look...
That is awesome.

Y'all will just have to post lots of pics while he's gone.
When does he leave?

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top