Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Thank you! The old tank had a SCWD for the closed loop and I hated the darn thing. The new one will have a mini OceansMotions Squirt Compact valve. Like the big valves, but about 184 the size. I just hooked it up last night.

PR-6-29-19-5.jpg


PR-6-29-19-6.jpg


Old closed loop set-up

Nano_enclosure2.jpg
Do you know how cool it is to be able to do anything you can think up?
 
Thank you! The old tank had a SCWD for the closed loop and I hated the darn thing. The new one will have a mini OceansMotions Squirt Compact valve. Like the big valves, but about 184 the size. I just hooked it up last night.

PR-6-29-19-5.jpg


PR-6-29-19-6.jpg


Old closed loop set-up

Nano_enclosure2.jpg

Incredible work! Must be a chore to fit everything in such a tight package.
 
Hi all just got back from looking at old planes at Radials on the River. Lots of 20's 30's 40's air planes. Love the sound of a P-51 Mustang! One plane featured called the "Lemon Twist" ....loved it, bright yellow and classy 40's radial engine. Just listening as the planes leave for their homes. Great sounds of yesteryear! Oh sorry I thought this was a plane forum....forgive me.
 
Sorry I thought it was acrylic .

Unfortunately not. I worry about cutting the fiberglass and leaving it in my tank. It will slowly break down and I would think leach nasty stuff.

Would like to keep it but not sure it’s possible.
 
Hi all just got back from looking at old planes at Radials on the River. Lots of 20's 30's 40's air planes. Love the sound of a P-51 Mustang! One plane featured called the "Lemon Twist" ....loved it, bright yellow and classy 40's radial engine. Just listening as the planes leave for their homes. Great sounds of yesteryear! Oh sorry I thought this was a plane forum....forgive me.
Pics or it didn't happen! :)
 
Hi all just got back from looking at old planes at Radials on the River. Lots of 20's 30's 40's air planes. Love the sound of a P-51 Mustang! One plane featured called the "Lemon Twist" ....loved it, bright yellow and classy 40's radial engine. Just listening as the planes leave for their homes. Great sounds of yesteryear! Oh sorry I thought this was a plane forum....forgive me.
I love those sounds too. Me and my dad use to go to airshows all the time! I loved the Ju87’s dive bombing sound they made. My dad would always tell me I’m rooting for the wrong team, lol.
 
Hi all just got back from looking at old planes at Radials on the River. Lots of 20's 30's 40's air planes. Love the sound of a P-51 Mustang! One plane featured called the "Lemon Twist" ....loved it, bright yellow and classy 40's radial engine. Just listening as the planes leave for their homes. Great sounds of yesteryear! Oh sorry I thought this was a plane forum....forgive me.
I share your love of old planes, especially warbirds. I really like the f4u Corsair. I used to build and fly rc planes mostly because i couldnt afford to fly the real thing. Lol
 
I love vintage aircraft as well. The WWII Museum in New Orleans displays their planes the same way I displayed all my model planes when I was a kid - they hung them from the ceiling. :) Awesome exhibit! A few pictures from my visit a few years ago.

B17.jpg


B25.jpg


Corsair.jpg


Dauntless.jpg


Hellcat.jpg


P51.jpg
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately not. I worry about cutting the fiberglass and leaving it in my tank. It will slowly break down and I would think leach nasty stuff.

Would like to keep it but not sure it’s possible.
Fiber glass will no doubt about it
 
IMG_20190629_155901482_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190629_161428807_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190629_155246635.jpg
IMG_20190629_155241800.jpg
IMG_20190628_203951033_HDR.jpg

Somehow I missed the pictures of the 4 or 5 Mustangs here....one is the original "Old Crow" and the real WW11 Pilot was a guest of honor. Chuck Yeager called this guy the greatest pilot he ever knew. High praise indeed from a great like Chuck Yeager.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top