Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

good to hear from you again @Lowell Lemon How have you been.
Doing well just working way too much these days. Just getting out once and awhile. Have too much going on in the contracting world right now. Everyone of my projects needs to be done yesterday. So I hired more people and am training and trying to get it all done. My wife is not liking the lack of attention though. She went hiking by herself today;Blackeye
 
I have no idea why. Maybe because I'm not afraid of admitting my ignorance. I'm a nobody.
*NOT* 'Liking' that.

Your a wonderful somebody!
:- )

Not many people I would plow through 100 posts for just to hope to catch up for a whole 15 minutes.
[emoji849]

Glad you are here to bring us all together!

One of my favorite Redheads.
Another being Lucille Ball.
:- )
 
I've used Frank's tanks F-aptasia and have been happy with the results. There are a few aips in difficult locations I still need to get but I need another bottle. Stuff sticks on, forms a white crust. Suck it out with a water change a week or so later. The ones I've covered have not come back.

I have used nudibranchs, they knocked down the population and I thought I was clear until the aiptasia started popping back up.
Have used aiptasia-x and they multiplied, peppermint shrimps helped keep population from growing but didnt eat the big ones, then decide to munch on LPS.

Frank has a thread on here about it. Let me find the link

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/f-aiptasia.542934/

Frank owns one of my favorite LFS, he is an awesome guy to deal with, and I think you can see how he likes to take care of his customers by his interactions in that thread.

Cmcoker thanks for posting your experience with aptasia. It really helps me decide what to try that will work and not harm the tank. How do you feel about using/getting a copperband butterfly? Do you think they are worth it for aptasia? Safe?
 
Cmcoker thanks for posting your experience with aptasia. It really helps me decide what to try that will work and not harm the tank. How do you feel about using/getting a copperband butterfly? Do you think they are worth it for aptasia? Safe?
I have never kept one, I understand them to be delicate fish and they require a larger tank than I currently have. If you can provided the tank space, and have researched and can properly care for it, then I think it's fine to try.
 
Andrew's nem moved. Just a little bit. I have been shocked at how tolerant it was of some nearby corals. It has always been touching zoas, but there is an sps and the frogspawn too. The sps died back a little, but there has been no real warfare. It moved about an inch to avoid the out of control frogspawn. I expected a lot more aggression since it tried to kill the Goby. Pretty sure the fish was the aggressor when the nem walked through her home.
 
Lol. You are sharp and witty. That made me laugh and say a bad word. I see you are up late probably waving your wand over some corals!

Nah, just failing at sleeping. The best part about falling asleep for me is the tank being in my room... The first thing I see every morning is my little yellow assessor nose to glass just watching me sleep, trying to figure out what the food monster is doing. Since he's bright yellow and the first thing I see every morning I've finally figured out a name for him -- Sunshine lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top