Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

  • Yes

  • No

  • I'm treating my tank with it now.

  • I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.


Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah I dosed 20mg/gal but it may work with less. There would have to be more tests done to determine a minimum effective dose.
 
I can confirm that this treatment is a success. I'm free of bryopsis in 18 days of treatment . Nothing kills that feathery nasty algae but flucanazole. All inhabitants and corals survived with no sign of stress during that period.

Sight_2017_01_22_181348_250.jpg


Sight_2017_01_22_181649_238.jpg


Sight_2017_01_22_181718_105.jpg
 
I can confirm that this treatment is a success. I'm free of bryopsis in 18 days of treatment . Nothing kills that feathery nasty algae but flucanazole. All inhabitants and corals survived with no sign of stress during that period.

Sight_2017_01_22_181348_250.jpg


Sight_2017_01_22_181649_238.jpg


Sight_2017_01_22_181718_105.jpg
So exciting!!! Thanks for sharing. Hope mine comes in soon!![emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
 
So exciting!!! Thanks for sharing. Hope mine comes in soon!!
emoji106.png
emoji106.png
emoji106.png

I only dosed 1200mg (instead of 1350mg recommended for my tank) and it still work like magic. 600mg 1st dose, and subsequently 2 doses of 300mg each, 2 days apart. All melted and gone in 18 days. All equipment (lights, skimmer etc) runs normally during treatment. I noticed that those under the shades last longer, under intense light they are gone in 10 days.
 
Ordered some yesterday, been battling for 1 1/2 years now and was close to throwing in the towl on saltwater. Have been dosing fauna marin dino x (formerly algae x) for past two weeks with limited success, fried the tips of the bryopsis and has stunted its growth but about all besides killing an urchin, lettuce nudibranchs and pistol shrimp in my tank. Also stressed my sailfin tang on the first dose as its slime coat partially shed.
 
I only dosed 1200mg (instead of 1350mg recommended for my tank) and it still work like magic. 600mg 1st dose, and subsequently 2 doses of 300mg each, 2 days apart. All melted and gone in 18 days. All equipment (lights, skimmer etc) runs normally during treatment. I noticed that those under the shades last longer, under intense light they are gone in 10 days.

Very nice! I saw that a couple of people split their doses while I dosed mine all in 1 dose. Now I'm just curious as to how little of the Fluconazole it may take to work.
 
I only dosed 1200mg (instead of 1350mg recommended for my tank) and it still work like magic. 600mg 1st dose, and subsequently 2 doses of 300mg each, 2 days apart. All melted and gone in 18 days. All equipment (lights, skimmer etc) runs normally during treatment. I noticed that those under the shades last longer, under intense light they are gone in 10 days.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing
 
Ordered some yesterday, been battling for 1 1/2 years now and was close to throwing in the towl on saltwater. Have been dosing fauna marin dino x (formerly algae x) for past two weeks with limited success, fried the tips of the bryopsis and has stunted its growth but about all besides killing an urchin, lettuce nudibranchs and pistol shrimp in my tank. Also stressed my sailfin tang on the first dose as its slime coat partially shed.

Well don't throw in the towel just yet. Things have been going great with Fluconazole so you may get some relief. Absolutely nobody has come back with anything in their tank being stressed or dying except the Bryopsis.
 
Very nice! I saw that a couple of people split their doses while I dosed mine all in 1 dose. Now I'm just curious as to how little of the Fluconazole it may take to work.

I wish I don't have to go through this nightmare anymore. A strand of this nasty algae will invade your tank in no time.
 
I can confirm that this treatment is a success. I'm free of bryopsis in 18 days of treatment . Nothing kills that feathery nasty algae but flucanazole. All inhabitants and corals survived with no sign of stress during that period.

Sight_2017_01_22_181348_250.jpg


Sight_2017_01_22_181649_238.jpg


Sight_2017_01_22_181718_105.jpg
Thank you for sharing!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top