Cha-Ching! How much did you spend in 2019?

How much did you spend on the hobby in 2019 including EVERYTHING?

  • $100+

    Votes: 34 3.5%
  • $500+

    Votes: 84 8.6%
  • $1000+

    Votes: 201 20.5%
  • $2500+

    Votes: 233 23.8%
  • $5000+

    Votes: 136 13.9%
  • $7500+

    Votes: 59 6.0%
  • $10,000+

    Votes: 64 6.5%
  • $15,000+

    Votes: 27 2.8%
  • $20,000+

    Votes: 10 1.0%
  • $25,000+

    Votes: 33 3.4%
  • NOT SURE or Pretending not to know..

    Votes: 100 10.2%

  • Total voters
    981
Not as much as I will probably spend this year, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

Spent around $3000 last year, this year I will be upgrading to a 225, so I will spend well over $10,000 this year.:oops:
 
P.S. No one tell the student loan people why they're not getting their money as fast as they maybe should.
This is soooooo true!

I’ve only just set up a Nuvo 20 and I'm right around $1000 for 2019 cause it was setup in November. Now 2020 probably has a good $1000 or so for corals and random things. I have a really good thing as I can get most corals for super cheap and 80% of my stock will be free!

My fear of cost will come when we find our forever home and I start to build my dream 110-180G where start up will probably be in the 10k range. Didn’t tell the wifey that quite yet but she’s understanding and starting to like the smaller tank.
 
Probably around $200 - $300. Not as much as some but enough to be annoying.
 
New 125 gallon full setup. Only had live rock prior to starting. $5k. Will be much less this year.
 
Let me consult with my lawyer. These price threads make me uncomfortable lok
 
2019 not so much - current tank was installed in 2017 and kitted out in 2018 so I would only have spent money on a few corals, salt, dosing 3 part, food and test kits. Apart from the corals just base maintenance. Probably A$600 or so at most.

2020 however is a different story - just purhased a 2nd tank (RSR 525XL) and upgraded my water station to auto-fill, flush cycle and AWC. A$17K so far and counting... Prices for our aquarium hardware and tech in Australia is close to 2x that in the US.
 
We switched out power heads and sump pump with eco smart last year plus the salt for water changes, some live stock and coral put me between the 1000-2500 range.
 
My new build in 2019 was a custom 350g peninsula, 6 G4 pros, liferock arches and mushrooms, 100g sump, calcium reactors, skimmer, pumps, apex, wavs, and more. Somewhere around 15k+, but hopefully I dont surpass that stocking the tank this year. I'm over 3k already this year in fish and corals.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top