Crabs 155g In-Wall Fish Room Build

Man, sounds like you need multiple layers of sediment & carbon filters before hitting RO membrane. Maybe something like: Sediment 5 micron -> 1 micron , Carbon 5 micron -> 1 micron -> 1 micron. 5 canisters before even hitting RO membrane. Do you already have dual 75gpd membranes for a 150gpd system? Pressure good?
I have sediment, 5 carbon, 1 carbon, then a single 99% RO.

I did a tap water pH test and it went from 7.6 to 8.6. Unsure if that indicates a co2 concern or not.
 
Aquascape looks great...what's the plan(you probably mentioned earlier, but I don't remember)? Mixed reef? Focus on anything? What about fish? Really like where this is headed.
 
Aquascape looks great...what's the plan(you probably mentioned earlier, but I don't remember)? Mixed reef? Focus on anything? What about fish? Really like where this is headed.
Mixed with a large focus on SPS.

I'll have to revisit my fish list to see what may have changed.

I have a soft spot for symbiotic relationships (and the like) between our marine friends. So clown goby, acro crabs, goby and shrimp pair, clownfish and anemone.

I do really like leopard wrasse and Midas blennies so they'll have their place too.

I'm also thinking maybe one or two larger fish (likely tangs) but sticking with more smaller fish.

I do have two Davinci clownfish that have made it through quarantine and are awaiting the display to finish cycling.
 
First frags dipped and in quarantine. Might be a little early for them in the display but couldn't pass up the fantastic deal from a local reefer

Here is a quick cell phone picture..

7ac9b306291d0c03a5463d28edf7cc75.jpg



1. Cali Tort
2. BC Pelotti Yellow Tip
3. Bubblegum Milli
4. BC Blue Matrix
5. RR Applejack
6. BC Teenwolf
 
Got the bulbs replaced in my QT fixture to a aquablue special and blue+ bulb combo.

Built a rack higher up and the corals look very happy today.

3800315b642f4d1785b754e6495cdee3.jpg


a9fc21acdd171c028a8416be1f91c25c.jpg


41c5d11fa5caeb80e590c959a35a1a0c.jpg


01c4625c94ac988a407442181426d1ae.jpg
 
I've be in the workshop working on an Aquascape the last few days. The last of the water weld and epoxy is drying now.. enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!

8d9b439d2dbca9da87e627628cfa59fa.jpg


e210552b5693448a379e439dcc227c2f.jpg


5725df4ef488ae1ebc5ddfd981fdf3d2.jpg


62167d52b0f332a572e3139e17269d62.jpg


f8e13d0f05622946facee676b30acb68.jpg


97c209658232f041babf338206064869.jpg


4ca1479fbe1540f6d87c955f3048d74e.jpg


e73775b55dfeb7307450489cc480663c.jpg

The build is looking awesome. Whish I had a basement.

If I may, what sort of epoxy did you use to adhere the rocks?
I assume that the water weld is the JB weld type?
 
The build is looking awesome. Whish I had a basement.

If I may, what sort of epoxy did you use to adhere the rocks?
I assume that the water weld is the JB weld type?
I actually used a cheaper variety since I had plenty of time to cure and chose the EP-200 found in the plumbing aisle in home depot. At about $3 a tube, it was a much better option for me.

Now if I was sticking SPS to rock-work, if spend the extra on the "reef safe" stuff sold by BRS.

Thanks for the kind words on the build! Hope you stick around to see it come to life over the next few months!
 
I actually used a cheaper variety since I had plenty of time to cure and chose the EP-200 found in the plumbing aisle in home depot. At about $3 a tube, it was a much better option for me.

Now if I was sticking SPS to rock-work, if spend the extra on the "reef safe" stuff sold by BRS.

Thanks for the kind words on the build! Hope you stick around to see it come to life over the next few months!
Oh forgot to mention... I also used acrylic rods and a masonry drill bit to stabilize some of the overhangs that were less than cooperative..
 
I am contemplating re-doing my aquascape. Being as I have a butt load or rock left over, I may do so before my tank get to the point of no return, without a full blown re-cycle.
 
This guy healed up nicely where he was fragged on the top. Completely healed over.

42596ca814d44db7acf177a251aa976c.jpg


This guy seems to be trying to grow already... not completely buying it though.

a4bab6b4d6fcd4ebcf5696247900d71a.jpg
 
Killer build so far, very jealous of your fish room.
Appreciate it!

Yeah, I was lucky to find a home with the perfect setup for it. My fiance walked in the house and saw the back yard and was sold... I saw the basement bar area with a 10x12 room next to it and was sold haha.
 
I am contemplating re-doing my aquascape. Being as I have a butt load or rock left over, I may do so before my tank get to the point of no return, without a full blown re-cycle.

I've always built my rock work dry with acrylic and epoxy putty as needed and then cycled the rock work. If you let the epoxy cure for two days, the rock work tends to be very solid and can handle being tossed into a brute in all directions.

This approach doesn't work well if you want to use some existing rock in the display that have corals on it (or that you don't want to kill off bacteria and redo the cycle.

If you have a lot of SPS, I'd very slowly add dry rock to the system. It can throw parameters out of wack pretty quickly.
 
Just stumbled in this build. Looks good! I wish I had that much space for my fishroom! It all looks very sleek
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top