Crabs 155g In-Wall Fish Room Build

Took your advice and visited both Aqua Pros and Reefwise...both great shops that could get me into a lot of trouble if I lived closer. The shop, Pro Corals(in front of Aqua Pros) was closed. Is that normally open to the public or what kind of place is that? Thanks for the guidance.
 
Took your advice and visited both Aqua Pros and Reefwise...both great shops that could get me into a lot of trouble if I lived closer. The shop, Pro Corals(in front of Aqua Pros) was closed. Is that normally open to the public or what kind of place is that? Thanks for the guidance.
Pro Corals and Aqua Pros are the same place, same owners. I'm not sure if that front shop has any additional stuff.

Glad you liked them!
 
This has already been my dream and the main reason for wanting a basement... one day, fantastic job!

- Brian
Thanks Brian!

Basements are great unless they flood! I'm getting a replacement backup sump to ensure mine doesn't. Glad you like the build so far!
 
The 60g frag tank is up and running and plumbed into the sump with a temporary setup until I get the main display in place.

I also got a pair of Extreme Davinci clownfish from Aquarium Overload in AT.



c1b36a8c15325c9fbae5302c7c7748e4.jpg


d54c7a9b380d287ee170928a977147e1.jpg
 
This was ridiculous to navigate and carry to the basement. We took a break half way but successfully got it in place!

0d7067d6a39d3e7450c6f0ea4aeb2e87.jpg
 
Water is getting close. On my third DI cartridge [emoji23][emoji23]

72cff41b2380c845f7e02a977b98d8a3.jpg
 
Congrats! Look forward to more updates and progress!
Thank you. Still making water... I don't trust it running when I'm not home after I had a container bust in me. Final 20g being made now to get the 60g tank in the fish room full.
 
This system is coming together nicely. Nice to see the tank in place.
Thanks Alex. Your system is really coming along well too. That Mantis shrimp is absolutely awesome.
 
Well I got the main tank filled and half the rock and sand in. My right side aquascape had a malfunction and one of the overhangs fell and needed some additional support and epoxy.

19a5da81f96bd681f8610cb9a0dc6e70.jpg


Right side being reworked

bcf3851dd179dc19ecb3781255949234.jpg
 
are you plumbing the frag tank into the display? or is it its own separate system?
Plumbing into the main tanks sump. All together.

I have a separate quarantine tank for new corals.
 
750-850 tds.. on a well system. Didn't think I had CO2 issues but nothing else makes sense at this time.
Holy heck!

But awesome aquascape. Nicely balanced and natural look - no sense of 'stacked rocks'.
 
Holy heck!

But awesome aquascape. Nicely balanced and natural look - no sense of 'stacked rocks'.
Thank you!

What hurts the most is my RO gets TDS down to 10 TDS and I still end up with depleting crazy amounts of DI resin.
 
Man, sounds like you need multiple layers of sediment & carbon filters before hitting RO membrane. Maybe something like: Sediment 5 micron -> 1 micron , Carbon 5 micron -> 1 micron -> 1 micron. 5 canisters before even hitting RO membrane. Do you already have dual 75gpd membranes for a 150gpd system? Pressure good?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top