Crabs 155g In-Wall Fish Room Build

Sweet build to this point...I grew up in Schaumburg, but now live in South Louisiana...miss having a basement to be able to do things like this! Looking great!
 
Good Looking Build Looking forward to the future progress!
Thanks!
Nice! I can't explain why but I do not have interest in SPS since I love LPS. I am assuming these lights without modifications should be enough PAR for LPS heavy tanks. I will have to look at the modification though. I didn't see that part or might have skimmed through it.
It was more about spectrum and look to the eye from what I understand. PAR wise these will definitely be fine (and will likely have to dial them down a bit).
Sweet build to this point...I grew up in Schaumburg, but now live in South Louisiana...miss having a basement to be able to do things like this! Looking great!
Nice and thank you!.. yeah I can see that. No horrible winters though!!
 
Considering building a electronic "case" in the fishroom to house my apex and other electronics and using something like this to pull air from it to ensure low humidity for the electronics.. overkill? Any experience? Other solutions?

692f6d2bac2159d2cf9f88e6230509b7.jpg
 
Considering building a electronic "case" in the fishroom to house my apex and other electronics and using something like this to pull air from it to ensure low humidity for the electronics.. overkill? Any experience? Other solutions?

692f6d2bac2159d2cf9f88e6230509b7.jpg


This is the electronics cabinet design I am thinking about.
  • Will have rubber gaskets on the sides (not completely air-tight) for electrical cords going out to the equipment
  • Glass for displaying apex equipment
  • Cords hidden behind the apex equipment with a false back. Grommets to allow cords to flow from EB's to behind the false back (not shown).
  • Electrical outlets hidden
  • Fire Tablet to display Apex dashboard
  • Red LED's to light up the inside of the cabinet maybe?
Electronics Display.JPG
 
60g frag tank stand is built. Still need to skin it though. Overbuilt for sure.

c3d25e1487ab9098f912fa6116d5a94f.jpg
 
.... and some framing in the fishroom for the future ceilings.

I figured it was worth the peace of mind and expense to enclose the ceiling and vents to ensure the humidity doesn't do any damage.

1/3 the way done. Have to leave a few access points for a gas shutoff and plumbing shutoff.

3113cb723f08b3aa01c4763601c35cb3.jpg


Not the most conventional way to frame around duct work but I need every 1/2 inch I can get above the tank!
 
Wrapped the 48x24" stand in ply and started building the 60x30" stand. Need to make another trip to home depot before I can finish.

More to come!

22eb13051d8ff53d3df6393cd6b4229a.jpg
 
Built the frame for the 60x30" tank. Without the plywood on top, it sits about 39" high as of now.

8f148d212f1cb46850d5f28503c53e43.jpg
 
Looking good :)

het I'm like 30 min west of you!!! cool :P
Thanks and welcome to the build!

Real close indeed. I have family in De Kalb too so over in that area often.
 
I picked up my starting medication for QT/hospital tanks to prepare for brining in fish.

I also picked up some Kalk, a cheap powerhead to supplement my MP40s, and a Fire7 for the display since the 8 didn't display the Apex site resolution well.

acb6337e267e7425b7e1758615c6be20.jpg

8f712c04b7622cf62d7d472a8f74d879.jpg


Special thanks to @Humblefish for the time taken to outline medications to keep on hand and guidance on how to use them

Link to the Medication Article: https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/213574/
 
Last edited:
Did a little work on the t247 bulb replacement to remove the green and red LEDs.

Side by side comparison:
1f7441247cf73b3417ef12f1ab77740a.jpg

4f55c9b550e5969c78a63d86e76bfb59.jpg


New Light only:
9e4cab840d52106d1cdd925cbf944944.jpg

84757381b736061a662b05c01796ecaf.jpg
 
Last edited:
I picked up my starting medication for QT/hospital tanks to prepare for brining in fish.

I also picked up some Kalk, a cheap powerhead to supplement my MP40s, and a Fire7 for the display since the 8 didn't display the Apex site resolution well.

8f712c04b7622cf62d7d472a8f74d879.jpg


Special thanks to @Humblefish for the time taken to outline medications to keep on hand and guidance on how to use them

Link to the Medication Article: https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/213574/
Did a little work on the t247 bulb replacement to remove the green and red LEDs.

Side by side comparison:
1f7441247cf73b3417ef12f1ab77740a.jpg


New Light only:
9e4cab840d52106d1cdd925cbf944944.jpg
#mods any idea what happened to the photos? Uploaded from Tapatalk and they were working when loaded originally.

Re-uplosded again for now.
 
Last edited:
WOW!! I am totally impressed! What is the price tag on this build! Yikes! But awesome!
 
#mods any idea what happened to the photos? Uploaded from Tapatalk and they were working when loaded originally.

Re-uplosded again for now.

I see the photos..in fact I see them twice! Is that what your referring to? The build is coming along very nicely by the way.
 
I see the photos..in fact I see them twice! Is that what your referring to? The build is coming along very nicely by the way.
Figures... haha. Must be an issue on my end as I was seeing red X' s.

Thank you!
 
WOW!! I am totally impressed! What is the price tag on this build! Yikes! But awesome!
I'm doing most of the work myself and I had a lot of equipment from my first few builds over the last few years which takes the sting away.

SC Aquariums is also very budget friendly!

I'll have to add up the costs some day.. only after I finish though haha
 
I've be in the workshop working on an Aquascape the last few days. The last of the water weld and epoxy is drying now.. enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!

8d9b439d2dbca9da87e627628cfa59fa.jpg


e210552b5693448a379e439dcc227c2f.jpg


5725df4ef488ae1ebc5ddfd981fdf3d2.jpg


62167d52b0f332a572e3139e17269d62.jpg


f8e13d0f05622946facee676b30acb68.jpg


97c209658232f041babf338206064869.jpg


4ca1479fbe1540f6d87c955f3048d74e.jpg


e73775b55dfeb7307450489cc480663c.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top