Donate an All in one aquarium for HS Bio class

Are you going to use frozen food or pellets?
 
Let's get a Coral donor in Florida! Woot!!
 
@Miamialum620 Do you have a local fish store that you'd be able to drive to?
 
Last edited:
Luckily being in south Florida we have plenty of LFS. I tried contacting all of them but only 2 got back to me. One was for field trips to the store which is cool if my school allows it and the other is for some supplies.
 
Luckily being in south Florida we have plenty of LFS. I tried contacting all of them but only 2 got back to me. One was for field trips to the store which is cool if my school allows it and the other is for some supplies.
@Miamialum620 Which 2?
 
Last edited:
@Miamialum620 ProAquatix is very interested in your classroom project. I assume your stocking list is going to include a pair of clownfish...
 
@Miamialum620 ProAquatix is very interested in your classroom project. I assume your stocking list is going to include a pair of clownfish...

Absolutely going with clownfish. Can’t have a tank without some Nemo’s for the kids.
 
Are you going to use frozen food or pellets?

I know some people prefer one over the other but I’ll probably give pellets a try first. I would really like to build up a stable mysid shrimp population in the tank for the coral
 
Careful with collection of sand and such, Florida Fish and Wildlife dont play. Theres guides on the fwc website of what can be collected with a permit. You may look into an educators permit, I think its called, that has a different set of rules.
 
Careful with collection of sand and such, Florida Fish and Wildlife dont play. Theres guides on the fwc website of what can be collected with a permit. You may look into an educators permit, I think its called, that has a different set of rules.

Thank you for that. I was at the beach a few weeks ago and was going to ask the lifeguard if I’d get in trouble for taking sand and water. I figured it would look weird if I just went into the water with giant jugs.

I’ll look into the education permit and if anything I might buy sand/water. Maybe I can get a discount at Petco or my LFS.
 
If anyone sends something can you please give me a heads up so I know to be on the lookout for it. Unfortunately the teachers aren’t notified when something comes in for them and things can end up sitting there for a while. Luckily I happened to walk by the other day and see a giant box just sitting on the floor with the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top