Donate an All in one aquarium for HS Bio class

Do you mind posting the mailing address?
 
@Miamialum620 I will send you some info for a lady at NOAA after work. They actually have lesson plans to send you and some classroom handouts.

Would you be able to send that contact my way as well? I have some stuff, but always eager to get more!

Hope the setup is still going well, I’m going through everything now to catch up on your progress!
 
Would you be able to send that contact my way as well? I have some stuff, but always eager to get more!

Hope the setup is still going well, I’m going through everything now to catch up on your progress!
Sure
 
Thank you for that. I was at the beach a few weeks ago and was going to ask the lifeguard if I’d get in trouble for taking sand and water. I figured it would look weird if I just went into the water with giant jugs.

I’ll look into the education permit and if anything I might buy sand/water. Maybe I can get a discount at Petco or my LFS.
I think plenty of people in south Florida collect water, I would hesitate if I couldn't get away from shore though. I believe I have read that some of the lfs down there collect natural saltwater and sell it to customers.
It's anything else you should check the legality of. Also if you do collect anything, dont put it back if it's been exposed to non native species.

Good luck, I hope your students enjoy it!
 
I'm still working on getting Coral for y'all.
 
Are y'all going to hatch Artemia shrimp too?
 
Check out Carolina Biological. They have classroom project kits.

Thank you. That name didn’t sound familiar until I went on the site and saw their logo. I believe I’ve seen that somewhere in our science planning room.
 
I bought you guys some books that were recommended for my son. Simple reading, very good. The seller is shipping them directly to the school.
 
I bought you guys some books that were recommended for my son. Simple reading, very good. The seller is shipping them directly to the school.

Thank you. I’m going to buying some live sand this weekend that I found on chewy.com for a little over $12/bag (Nature’s ocean Australian gold). Also looking to see if some dry rock goes on sale for Labor Day that way I can get this tank going by the end of next week hopefully.
 
I'm excited to see what you are able to do with it!
 
Are you going to do a refugium?
 
@Miamialum620 look at the InTank website. Are you wanting to try a media basket and fuge? Please let me know. There is a slight cut out(YouTube video) that has to be done. Easier if the tank is empty.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top