FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

I should say ambient light since it doesn't directly hit my tank.
 
You know I don't do "blue" light pics, those so show how healthy the flesh is, very nice. :)
Those aren't even white lights. Lol... Indirect sunlight. I was hoping to capture the white points on the tips of the colonies showing all the growth but they came out like that so I posted. Thanks Najer! They've been looking thick fleshy lately!
 
Tank had two controllers... [emoji23] shouldn't have to worry, right?

Me, I was a bit worried but pulled through. [emoji16]
Hey FarmerTy. I amazed by your system! Have a question...

If you only had a 4 bulb t5 setup, what 4 bulbs would you use?
 
Hey FarmerTy. I amazed by your system! Have a question...

If you only had a 4 bulb t5 setup, what 4 bulbs would you use?
Thanks Dwest!

Its like asking me to pick my favorite child! [emoji16]

I'm honestly probably not the most qualified as I chose my 8 bulb setup to balance itself out as a whole against my two SBReef actinic bars. So the spectrum itself is a tad bit warmer knowing the actinic bars will bring some balance to it.

I would start with 2 blue+ and 2 coral+ bulbs and go from there honestly. If you like more blue, replace a coral + with a blue+ or actinic. If you like more white, replace a coral+ for a aqua blue special. You really do have to experiment with bulbs as everyone will have their own preference.

I feel like a politician, danced around the question. And that's why I say you can never feed your tank too much. Any other questions?
 
Thanks Dwest!

Its like asking me to pick my favorite child! [emoji16]

I'm honestly probably not the most qualified as I chose my 8 bulb setup to balance itself out as a whole against my two SBReef actinic bars. So the spectrum itself is a tad bit warmer knowing the actinic bars will bring some balance to it.

I would start with 2 blue+ and 2 coral+ bulbs and go from there honestly. If you like more blue, replace a coral + with a blue+ or actinic. If you like more white, replace a coral+ for a aqua blue special. You really do have to experiment with bulbs as everyone will have their own preference.

I feel like a politician, danced around the question. And that's why I say you can never feed your tank too much. Any other questions?
Thank you!
 
I’m glad your getting better! I have a question, I picked this coral up and I think it’s a spath and was wonder with your expertise if it is truly a spath?
5864089ebbaa31dc61628528e66202a4.jpg

Sorry to intrude I just figured this would be the best place to ask. I hope it is as I’ve always loved the way they look. Thank you
 
I’m glad your getting better! I have a question, I picked this coral up and I think it’s a spath and was wonder with your expertise if it is truly a spath?
5864089ebbaa31dc61628528e66202a4.jpg

Sorry to intrude I just figured this would be the best place to ask. I hope it is as I’ve always loved the way they look. Thank you
Thanks!

From a quick visual glance, looks like it to me. You'll know for sure when it dies in 2 weeks. I'm just kidding.

They are hard to keep but many do have success with them.
 
Thanks!

From a quick visual glance, looks like it to me. You'll know for sure when it dies in 2 weeks. I'm just kidding.

They are hard to keep but many do have success with them.

Well thank you for your insight, I hope it doesn’t die and I’m able to keep a spath. Iv heard the same also about these guys dieing so I have my fingers crossed. Your tank is awesome bud.
 
Well thank you for your insight, I hope it doesn’t die and I’m able to keep a spath. Iv heard the same also about these guys dieing so I have my fingers crossed. Your tank is awesome bud.
Thanks a bunch!

It looks good in the picture. Hopefully it does really well for you!
 
ty I just read you threads. Just Amazing.
The whole thing? Holy smokes! Shoot me your address via PM, you deserve a signed certificate of completion! [emoji12]

Thank you sir!
 
Why did you get away from mh.
Heat was a major factor. Plus, it just doesn't have the same pop that T5 and LED could bring me. But it plain grew coral and no issues with shading.
 
This is why I don't do scenic shots anymore. This is the shot I was aiming for:



The other 9 shots were basically variations of this:
 
This is why I don't do scenic shots anymore. This is the shot I was aiming for:



The other 9 shots were basically variations of this:
Pics didn't show up for me.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top