FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

IMG_5251.jpeg

Gotta do it folks… too much confusion for us to not address it. Here’s the statement I posted on our vendor thread. People kept confusing our company with this other vendor so I just wanted to clarify.

“In recent weeks we have received several inquiries from concerned customers regarding shortcomings with submitted orders. We quickly realized it was a case of mistaken identity as we have similar names (not of our choice) to Black Label Corals.

For clarification, we share no affiliation with Black Label Corals. We are Black Label Aquatics, BLA, not BLC. To help the community better differentiate between us and BLC, we've developed a very easy and sophisticated way for everyone to remember.

BLA... the “A” is for A+ customer service, A+ quality of corals, and A+ on actually shipping orders placed.

For those that can appreciate A+ ratings, we're offering 30% off all WYSIWYG through the end of July. Take a look at our site and use code “BLAnotBLC” for the savings.”

-FarmerTy and FarmerJake
Black Label Aquatics
 
Now back to the fun stuff… pulled about 20 torch babies off the frag racks and put them on plugs to observe their growth and make it easier to observe if any show characteristics of being a hybrid.

IMG_5267.jpeg


I was able to use a simple small flathead and push at the attachment point and they all popped off easily with no damage. Then I used a Turkey baster to suck them up from the tank floor between the grids and glued them to the plugs. They all had a little bit of stem that made it easy to glue them to the plug.
 
Now back to the fun stuff… pulled about 20 torch babies off the frag racks and put them on plugs to observe their growth and make it easier to observe if any show characteristics of being a hybrid.

IMG_5267.jpeg


I was able to use a simple small flathead and push at the attachment point and they all popped off easily with no damage. Then I used a Turkey baster to suck them up from the tank floor between the grids and glued them to the plugs. They all had a little bit of stem that made it easy to glue them to the plug.
This is totally cool man. Super interested to see what happens with these little guys.
 
Now back to the fun stuff… pulled about 20 torch babies off the frag racks and put them on plugs to observe their growth and make it easier to observe if any show characteristics of being a hybrid.

IMG_5267.jpeg


I was able to use a simple small flathead and push at the attachment point and they all popped off easily with no damage. Then I used a Turkey baster to suck them up from the tank floor between the grids and glued them to the plugs. They all had a little bit of stem that made it easy to glue them to the plug.
They really are all expressing different colors. Very cool - thanks for sharing!
 
Amazing contrasts and rather informative. I did not know this was happening in captive tanks.
From the responses I received about it… appears to have happened to several other hobbyists as well producing a small amount of babies which don’t generally make it too long before perishing. Nobody that responded at least had a fully grown adult from it except for my buddy John down the street who has his tank setup to spawn acros. His Aussie torches spawned a couple years back and he has almost fully adult Aussie torches in his system.

It’s pretty cool to see and hopefully I can get these 105+ little babies all the way to adulthood. I’m going to need a bigger tank. :anguished-face:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top