FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Great video! What did you use to record it?
Hey Bronc, thanks for watching. I recorded it and edited it entirely with my cell phone... LG V20 using the Power Director app and some royalty-free music on YouTube. [emoji4]
 
Made an update video now that I've cleared my sandbed out finally.

I also wanted to document the tank before I started fragging up all my pieces. I figure this is a good time to move around colonies as well and fill in the giant holes left by removing the screaming green birdsnest and purple stylo mega-colonies. Wish me luck!



Wow, you recorded this with your phone? You recorded thru the glass? So you zoom in/out while recording? I thought you have some source of underwater camera!
What was the Kelvin of your like when you recorded this?

Sorry, too many questions! I want to make a video of my tank so badly!
 
Do you think your reef would be as successful without a sand bed? I am restarting my tank and It will be bare bottom. I would like to do less water changes with my renewed setup
 
Wow, you recorded this with your phone? You recorded thru the glass? So you zoom in/out while recording? I thought you have some source of underwater camera!
What was the Kelvin of your like when you recorded this?

Sorry, too many questions! I want to make a video of my tank so badly!

Hey Mr V, yes, entirely with the phone. Technology is crazy these days! I'm amazed with its ability.

I think my rock work being set close at times to the front glass gives the illusion sometimes that I'm flying around the tank with my phone.

Kelvin was set around 6800-7200k on my phone before I started recording.

IMG_20161204_090326.jpg
 
That is just stunning ...

Purple queens . . .

All those angelfish!

You're doing something very, very right!!

~Bruce
Why thanks Bruce! The purple queens are still experimental and I won't call them a success until I've had them for at least 6 months but they are eating and swimming in the tank so that's a good start.

I have a soft spot for angels for sure and they are actually quite easy... They just need a tank and an owner that will tolerate some nipping here and there and someone who can live without zoas and some lps.
 
Do you think your reef would be as successful without a sand bed? I am restarting my tank and It will be bare bottom. I would like to do less water changes with my renewed setup
I couldn't say to be honest as I've never run one. I don't see why it wouldn't work as my sanded is not really deep enough for denitrification.
 
Is that a separate app or built in camera app.
The above unfortunately is a native app to the LG V20 phone. The Power Director app that I use for editing is a paid app so it can be used on any Android.
 
Another fantastic video!
 
Cool stuff!

Do you find that you get much fighting among the angels? I've got a flame in QT right now who's just being belligerent with everyone else except a pair of blackray shrimp-gobies.

~Bruce
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top