FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Gotta love the chips! A classic. Where's the Palmers blue Mille? Tank is looking great
Yeah, everybody needs one in their tank!

Palmers Blue!
IMG_20161214_085350.jpg


FarmerTy Bluebonnet Bottlebrush
IMG_20161214_085839.jpg


Jason Fox Fox Flame
IMG_20161214_085411.jpg
 
Holiday edition with greens and reds! Happy holidays everyone! Stop staring at your tanks and spend time with your friends and family!

RCA Baton Rouge
1e4251f7c7b7af375c49546e16df1ffe.jpg


JG Yellow
0b4cf56f298a0ae59836e11fdccf463e.jpg


Strawberry Shortcake (microclados)
987c56fdeff5f469e61831b0cb9d4ab9.jpg
 
Quick updates after the holiday break.

1) Accidentally pointed my power head directly at my Oregon tort colony and blasted away a good section of flesh. [emoji30]

87fda276cc85f6f1b54761cfe5d39eb5.jpg


2) Came home to half my Mr. Pac man colony RTN'ing. My guess is it was probably caused by myself not acclimating it a bit more before moving it from really low par to medium par. [emoji22]

a70208b6337a2140a93e8c2428ea7863.jpg


On the brighter side, rescued my Ruby Red Dragonet from the overflow.

Everything growing great in the tank. Even the fragged areas are healing super quick... Here is a week of heal time. [emoji33]

cbcb0ac938b136c7248f5af79dd459cd.jpg


117ab545755df4a0bafead963db3a864.jpg


de9b9ece08f102a7d9ae586a48d110f9.jpg


New Abrotanoides looking better and better each week.
b44746f71ebfff2726fa96d2747b2cc4.jpg


Pushed out a little frag pack as well. [emoji318]
a3b4306aae66d775f11c0f4b3d832730.jpg
 
I used to hand feed him but now I'm too scared! He'll swallow large pieces of krill whole! [emoji33]

Hah! Mine too. Mine has recently taken to my arm hair when I'm working in the tank. Now not only am i attacked by my Niger trigger, but I'm also getting bit by my emperor. Working in the tank isn't quite as relaxing as it used to be. Simply placing a frag on my rockwork is a nightmare.
 
Last edited:
Hah! Mine too. Mine has recently taken to my arm hair when I'm working in the tank. Now not only am i attached my my Niger trigger, but I'm also getting bit by my emperor. Working in the tank is t quite as relaxing as it used to be. Simply placing a frag on my rockwork is a nightmare.
That's hilarious! Luckily my emperor is a big chicken so he doesn't get so bold when my hand is in the tank. You might need to get the shark proof mesh to work in your tank soon!
 
Sorry for the acro trouble! Hopefully the few affected will rebound!
 
Man, i wish SPS would grow like that in my tank
You'd be surprised how much they start growing for you when your parameters are stable. No secret formula here... Just stable parameters that never waiver.
 
Looking good, one of my favorite milli's! Sorry to hear about those sps, looks like you may have to frag the one.
 
Looking good, one of my favorite milli's! Sorry to hear about those sps, looks like you may have to frag the one.
Yeah, its a beauty! Yeah, I fragged up the Mr. Pac Man to save it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top