FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Your corals look great like always! But I can't believe your son is a year old already, where does the time go?
No kidding Alton! I feel like we had just left the hospital a couple months ago with him. Now we're celebrating 1 year! Wow!
 
Three salvageable macros out of a ton and one 35mm shot of the gang. So right now I'm banking on just pure volume and luck. [emoji16]

IMG_20180316_002803.jpg


IMG_20180316_002717.jpg


IMG_20180316_002604.jpg


IMG_20180316_003106.jpg
 
beauitful group od fish some of my favorit. can you fill me in on how you were able to keep the regal? i heard they are really hard to keep.
 
beauitful group od fish some of my favorit. can you fill me in on how you were able to keep the regal? i heard they are really hard to keep.
They absolutely are horrible to get through QT. They won't eat and are usually shy. If/when you actually get it to eat, then you have to make sure they are with non-aggresive tankmates. Any aggressive types will cause their death as they are so timid, they'll just hide in a cave and starve to death.

IMO, the only way to keep them is to let them be one of the first larger fish in the tank. Let them get established and then introduce all other fish. This takes careful planning of your fish stock. Again, that's if you can even get one past QT. The red sea variants seem to have higher survival rates to me than the indo-Pacific ones.
 
I only have a flame, she's still small and a model citizen, do non of you angels chew sps?
The emperor is the biggest aggressor but he only nips once in a blue moon now. Initially, he was non-stop but has realized he doesn't get anything anymore from it so has not done it a ton lately.
 
I feel this will be the start of a LOT of new photos forthcoming! :) The shots look great!
Better believe it! But this goes to show you, nobody has better or nicer corals than what's in any of our tanks, they just have a nicer camera (cough cough vendors). [emoji23]
 
Better believe it! But this goes to show you, nobody has better or nicer corals than what's in any of our tanks, they just have a nicer camera (cough cough vendors). [emoji23]

Bullfeathers! I've seen your tank in person. They haven't made a camera or software that can turn MY faded-out, weary looking little brown sticks look anywhere near yours, brother. :D
 
Bullfeathers! I've seen your tank in person. They haven't made a camera or software that can turn MY faded-out, weary looking little brown sticks look anywhere near yours, brother. :D
You've seen too much Scott! [emoji51]
 
Look like you mastering your camera already. Nice macro shots man! You just make me spent money on that Tamron macro!!!
Thanks Mr. V! It really is fun to enjoy our obsessive hobby in another way. I think I'm going to like photography.

I can't even imagine how you can make your photos even better! They are stunning! Your macros will just make my head explode.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top