FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

At least it is only the acrylic on the SB Reef Bars...my XHO's have the lenses burning on the violet diodes....not an easy fix for that :(
I looked at the 90 degree lenses on the violet diodes and they didn't look like they were suffering the same lens burn as the acrylic splash guard. I'll have to keep checking... If it does, I'll pop the lenses off and run the native 120 degrees instead.
 
I looked at the 90 degree lenses on the violet diodes and they didn't look like they were suffering the same lens burn as the acrylic splash guard. I'll have to keep checking... If it does, I'll pop the lenses off and run the native 120 degrees instead.

Mine is the lens attached to the diode...not sure if I can get it off without damaging the LED :(
 
Mine is the lens attached to the diode...not sure if I can get it off without damaging the LED :(
What light are you running CVS (my name I dub you because I'm too lazy to write out your full screen name [emoji12])?

The ones in the SBREEF bars look just like the ones in my Ocean Revive fixtures and those just twist and pop off.
 
What light are you running CVS (my name I dub you because I'm too lazy to write out your full screen name [emoji12])?

The ones in the SBREEF bars look just like the ones in my Ocean Revive fixtures and those just twist and pop off.

They are Reefbrite XHO's....I haven't taken them apart to look yet...been too busy with the tank transfer and just getting things running. Worst case I have enough parts laying around to make my own actinic LEDs.
 
They are Reefbrite XHO's....I haven't taken them apart to look yet...been too busy with the tank transfer and just getting things running. Worst case I have enough parts laying around to make my own actinic LEDs.

Oh sorry, didn't notice you had mentioned XHO earlier.

I might try to modify the SBREEF light and add a couple true UV (sub 400 nm) diodes in there too. Good to know you tinker with LEDs too.
 
I looked at the 90 degree lenses on the violet diodes and they didn't look like they were suffering the same lens burn as the acrylic splash guard. I'll have to keep checking... If it does, I'll pop the lenses off and run the native 120 degrees instead.

Interesting, a few years ago when I ran Razors only I did the 120 upgrade covers when they came out, I loved the softer look! :)
 
Interesting, a few years ago when I ran Razors only I did the 120 upgrade covers when they came out, I loved the softer look! :)
I honestly think all LEDs should be at native 120 degree angle without optics. Better blending in my opinion, less disco effect, and your corals won't roast from the too direct lighting. But I'm no lighting expert... I just play one on TV.
 
I honestly think all LEDs should be at native 120 degree angle without optics. Better blending in my opinion, less disco effect, and your corals won't roast from the too direct lighting. But I'm no lighting expert... I just play one on TV.

Agreed, the exception to this is if you plan to mount the light 18” or more above the tank.
 
CC Habanero Anacropora
721c1fbdeafbdec8ea44f82c0051a549.jpg


Pengs Inferno Granulosa
d48424fa0cc421f48c04724cadbdf396.jpg


WWC Blue Monster
b7621a4edf402f515fe2e8afc0944e6a.jpg


OG Strawberry Shortcake Magna '97
bff9016529266d4e2c3ce57b55f2499c.jpg


Boom Corals Red Loripes
18a1216b3192ae951530bf25329a85b8.jpg


Cornbred Bubblegum Digi
9276b87b4c627967d02db6677472b6c4.jpg


Nicks Purple Passion
867c26cf6b9d5beb6cccb8addd938a87.jpg


Cornbred Blue Tort
72c60f5f939425fb52bc082e7ed6adb1.jpg


RCA Baton Rouge
735d0e2420caa6eafb10b6e92b5d2bff.jpg
 
Why did you add a year to the Strawberry Shortcake?
 
Why did you add a year to the Strawberry Shortcake?
Its the original strawberry shortcake acro. After that, a bunch where released but were a different species, microclados. This is the original, which i feel like it was a nasuta but I could be wrong.
 
Its the original strawberry shortcake acro. After that, a bunch where released but were a different species, microclados. This is the original, which i feel like it was a nasuta but I could be wrong.
Okay, that's really cool that you have the original. Thanks for the clarification.
 
That SC want to look like a stick I had and would love to get back if it is. Here’s a pic of when I had it.


d69c403035d5d26ed2ff2c99b5ccd416.jpg
Yes! Quite a stunner! I had a small mini-colony back in the day too. For reference, here is the microclados strawberry shortcake that came out afterwards.

741b87427e2b282843bf94e9a886b159.jpg
 
Yes! Quite a stunner! I had a small mini-colony back in the day too. For reference, here is the microclados strawberry shortcake that came out afterwards.

741b87427e2b282843bf94e9a886b159.jpg
I are gorgeous acros
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top