Flame Angel with white spot on his eye please help!

Here’s a couple better photos I just took
 

Attachments

  • 57FD8DF8-F027-4D41-BEB8-202EF6B6357A.jpeg
    57FD8DF8-F027-4D41-BEB8-202EF6B6357A.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 49ECE217-A5DC-437B-9B47-94E23E0C59B5.jpeg
    49ECE217-A5DC-437B-9B47-94E23E0C59B5.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 447E092B-4AF2-4070-8219-EBA5C62265DD.jpeg
    447E092B-4AF2-4070-8219-EBA5C62265DD.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 31
  • 3E9B4C34-CCF1-4F9E-B196-54A3D6A0976E.jpeg
    3E9B4C34-CCF1-4F9E-B196-54A3D6A0976E.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 35
Here’s a couple better photos I just took
No markings anywhere else on the fish, eating fine, being social, not flashing or rubbing, he doesn’t look irritated at all by it, not looking anything out of the norm, all parameters in tank are still good, salinity at 1.026, no other fish seem affected, honestly besides physically seeing it on his eye, nothing seems different
 
depends on if its mechanical or bacterial. mechanical is like hitting its eye on the rock, usally in 1 eye. Bacterial is in 2 eyes.
 
Being that it’s only on his one and he seems unaffected by it, you think I should just let it run it’s course for now and see if it gets worse? If it was just a bump on the rock or so will it get better on its own? I don’t want to stress them out if I really don’t need to
 
Thank you for everyone’s insight and time. One of the reasons I like this hobby is the community. You all have been very helpful. Will give update in a few days
 
So I feel it hasn’t got any better, maybe even got worse… these pics are from a few min ago… any suggestions or idea what it is at this point?
 

Attachments

  • ACBC77EC-89B6-4120-9A88-812F7B5411B9.jpeg
    ACBC77EC-89B6-4120-9A88-812F7B5411B9.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 24BA87DF-3A0F-464A-8E80-8639B3B492F9.jpeg
    24BA87DF-3A0F-464A-8E80-8639B3B492F9.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3475E2E3-34BF-4136-9E13-2B264372C7B3.jpeg
    3475E2E3-34BF-4136-9E13-2B264372C7B3.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 30
  • D31602A9-E97E-4EE4-B16F-06EB8AD77738.jpeg
    D31602A9-E97E-4EE4-B16F-06EB8AD77738.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 6180D8C0-3058-4592-9050-0C42BBB71783.jpeg
    6180D8C0-3058-4592-9050-0C42BBB71783.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 28
  • CBDA13A4-C1B9-435D-B8EA-17758D25669F.jpeg
    CBDA13A4-C1B9-435D-B8EA-17758D25669F.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 32
I would agree that is worse than before. Hopefully Jay or someone else will chime in and provide you with some possible treatment ideas.
 
I bought a 5 gal tank and I should be receiving the filter tomorrow to use as a QT tank so if anyone has an idea using a QT tank now I can go for that
 
He also flashing on the rocks now if that helps.. I just seen him do it
 
It says to get the RO water to tank temp with an air stone and pop him in it for about 5 min getting him to swim by tapping his tail… sound about right?
 
So I feel it hasn’t got any better, maybe even got worse… these pics are from a few min ago… any suggestions or idea what it is at this point?
If you havent already, treat with ethromyacin (maracyn 1). FW dips will do nothing. This is NOT due to flukes
 
If you havent already, treat with ethromyacin (maracyn 1). FW dips will do nothing. This is NOT due to flukes
When I get my QT tank tomorrow, put him in it with the maracyn 1 for how long you think? 48-72 hours?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top