- Joined
- Sep 19, 2018
- Messages
- 472
- Reaction score
- 338
- Location
- Charlotte
- What state or country do you live in
- North Carolina
So I want to set up some frag tanks, but have run out of room in my house (or my wife has not approved more tanks inside the house haha). My only option is the garage, and not having frag tanks is not an option!
Has anyone done this? Any tips..the kicker is I live in SW Florida. I have a normal sized window for ventilation, and will be running a portable ac unit only when I am in the garage, and will be investing in a dehumidifier, again only will be in use when I am in the garage. Will be insulating the garage door. My main concerns are keeping water temp stable, and humidity on electronics. Will be running t5s most likely, and maybe a total of 150-200 gallons between 2 shallow tanks and a sump.
Has anyone done this? Any tips..the kicker is I live in SW Florida. I have a normal sized window for ventilation, and will be running a portable ac unit only when I am in the garage, and will be investing in a dehumidifier, again only will be in use when I am in the garage. Will be insulating the garage door. My main concerns are keeping water temp stable, and humidity on electronics. Will be running t5s most likely, and maybe a total of 150-200 gallons between 2 shallow tanks and a sump.

In either case I am absolutely open to this option. I am glad you gave the tip of not using a dehumidifier, what you said above does make sense.

