- Joined
- Nov 18, 2012
- Messages
- 38,516
- Reaction score
- 67,449
- Location
- Fontana, California
- What state or country do you live in
- California
Looking good!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Looks like your build is off and running. Really like aquascape - especially that overhang on the end.
For the Low/No NO3, have you tried actually dosing Nitrates? I had an issue with my 125 a while back with undetectable PO4, but rising No3, I started a controlled regiment of dosing small amounts of PO4 until it leveled out and everything was happy again.


Tired of chasing my kH... Time to see if I can keep it steady!!!![]()
![]()
So I decided to go for it today...
Bought some spectracide stump remover from lowes! I diluted 4.4g of KNO3 in 1L of RO. Now dosing 1ml per hour. Should be enough to increase my nitrate by 0.1PPM per day.
I will monitor my nitrate level and see if it becomes detectable, and then adjust accordingly. Wish me luck!
I am sorry I didn’t reply sooner. I love GHL. I came over to USA from Europe where they are much more popular. Major difference is reflectors over lenses. I don’t see spotlight effect. I did add a 4th, but mounting left to right may well have given what I needed - I was restricted in mounting as I couldn’t change what I’d put in place!Beautiful tank and a great build! I've just ordered a 750xxl. I'm looking at 3 radions mounted left to right vs the mitras mounted front to back (like yours) and was wondering how you like the mitras? Do they have enough light spread? Do you get the spotlight effect or does it light the tank evenly? Thank you!

