HELP HOW LONG CAN CORAL LIVE IN A BAG

But did you get a picture of them? We want to see
I know, right...... I'm still in suspense here ion what they looked like when they arrived.

As far as the OP......

I've had fedex drop a box that was clearly marked as live fish 2 houses down thats vacant. My numbers are clearly posted on the side of my house(each number is 4" high and black. The corner of the house is stark white siding). The fedex guy pulled up in front of my house(my dogs go crazy so I get up to look), then backs up the street to the house 2 away. Gets out of the van, I have walked up to the sidewalk by this time, and he puts the box on the porch. I yell to the guy"hey is that a package for 3238?", he yells back "yes". Told him it was mine, and he just gets in the van and pulls away.

I don't have good luck with fedex or UPS to be quite honest. Both have dropped the ball several times. USPS on the other hand, has never let me down, but I have never had anything "overnighted" before either. Priority sure, which usually gets to me in 2 days.
 
Sorry I kept you guys in the dark lol. I had to leave for court then straight back to work. Here's a pic of it. Definitely not as bad as I thought it would be .
 

Attachments

  • 7202021usjhwo.jpg
    7202021usjhwo.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 123
There is hope! May need another dip in a week or not. Looks like it will survive. But, that's not acceptable.
Yea I hope it does and yea definitley not acceptable on fedex's part. But WWC took really good care of me I just hope I don't go thru this again this friday.....
 
Yea I hope it does and yea definitley not acceptable on fedex's part. But WWC took really good care of me I just hope I don't go thru this again this friday.....
I 100% agree. Fedex better have given a full refund. Once it's opened. Don't forget to update :)
 
Phone fight was right! Not at WWC at fedex. I hav another order comming in on Friday and I don't want to have a repeat. Btw most polyps looked ok but the other half was starting to sloth off and ooze some slime i took it out of my tank don't want to chance anything. WWC is refunding me for the order. Now I need to pick something new to add to my box for friday.

At least this is one thing, I've generally found WWC customer service to be excellent. So when the delivery guys are full of fail, at least you have that.
 
At least this is one thing, I've generally found WWC customer service to be excellent. So when the delivery guys are full of fail, at least you have that.
Yea really good customer service they seem to hate fedex too lol. They said they do 17k packages a year and about 180 of them get delayed
 
I've had bad experiences with various couriers.
When I was a game reviewer, one of them would steal games and mark them as left on doorstep instead of delivering them. My desk was in sight of the doorstep and we left the door open all day. Grrrr.

Ordered a video card from New Egg and the courier clipped Canada off the label so they had PE (Prince Edward Island) as the province to deliver to. Did they get it right? Nope. Did they send it to Pennsylvania? Nope.
Peru.

It stayed in customs in PERU for 3 weeks. Someone there was nice enough to write notes on the shipping invoice inside the box while he tried to figure out where to send it. He found a village in Australia with the same name as where I live and sent it there.

They wrote a note on the paper in the box and shipped it back to me in Canada. Got here 5 months later. I'd already been refunded 4 months earlier.
 
I've had bad experiences with various couriers.
When I was a game reviewer, one of them would steal games and mark them as left on doorstep instead of delivering them. My desk was in sight of the doorstep and we left the door open all day. Grrrr.

Ordered a video card from New Egg and the courier clipped Canada off the label so they had PE (Prince Edward Island) as the province to deliver to. Did they get it right? Nope. Did they send it to Pennsylvania? Nope.
Peru.

It stayed in customs in PERU for 3 weeks. Someone there was nice enough to write notes on the shipping invoice inside the box while he tried to figure out where to send it. He found a village in Australia with the same name as where I live and sent it there.

They wrote a note on the paper in the box and shipped it back to me in Canada. Got here 5 months later. I'd already been refunded 4 months earlier.
Damm that's unreal
 
Going with the theme of "how long can it survive"; i have a bucket of room temperature used sand just sitting around from taking down an aquarium. There was a chunk of purple soft coral in it that i had put there 4 months ago. Upon checking on it this spring it still was in tact and the polyps were alive. Keep in mind also it was in pitch black conditions.
 
Well, I don't know if anyone agrees with me. But since it's been in the bag for 4 days and is a zoa, temp acclimate 30 mins and drop it in the tank. If it isn't dead. Getting it out of that water would be my first goal.
There’s no need to acclimate corals ever. So long as the temp is within a few degrees, just dip and put it in the tank. If the temp is more than +\- 3°f, the float it until it’s within 3° and then dip and put it in the tank. Corals are self-acclimating, they take in and lose water through diffusion, so there is absolutely no need to drip acclimate corals. It’s especially perplexing to see people dip corals in irritating coral dips and then act like they need to drip acclimate them to their tank water.
 
I am just surprised you spent shipping for one zoa frag that's worth $20 or so. Hope you got a great deal on it. Bright side is that it was only one zoa.frag that got delayed and not $$$ worth of acros.
 
I’m 50/50 with fedex. I’ve never had issues with UPS….yet. I got a battlebox from Battlecorals that sat in Ft Worth for a night and I only lost one piece, luckily it was decent weather! Adam is great and replaced the piece with my next order though. It would be a good idea to get things delivered to hold location, especially if they are climate controlled.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top