How'd often do you clean algae of your glass?

Used to be once weekly now stepping into a more nutrient rich tank for LPS it's twice a week.
 
I clean it every third day or so. I need a better tool than a mag float. Any suggestions? Glass tank, 90 gallons.
 
If it were physically easier to do I’d clean the back glass just as often. I love the look of a spotless back glass as well. It’s just hard to reach behind the tank
I Never do anything to my back glass, its just to much work.
 
Right now I am having to clean the front and sides about 2x a day from green dust on them, PITA. Not sure what changed as this has only started recently. Before it was 2-3 times a week....

Not sure what the issue is... Parameters haven't changed.
 
the #1 action one can do to lessen and in many cases stop their glass growths for several months is a sandbed change or a correct/all at once 100% sandbed cleaning. you can get away with sheer neglect after one of those, they're the fountain of youth...glass scraping stops in mine for about 3-4 months as its already a pretty low bioload system. for those with a bed if you feel you are glass scraping too much, consider cleaning the sandbed.

the classic test: if you reach in and grab sand and drop it, would a huge cloud result
 
Every other day for me yet I have pretty high intense light so my algae grows quicker
 
the #1 action one can do to lessen and in many cases stop their glass growths for several months is a sandbed change or a correct/all at once 100% sandbed cleaning. you can get away with sheer neglect after one of those, they're the fountain of youth...glass scraping stops in mine for about 3-4 months as its already a pretty low bioload system. for those with a bed if you feel you are glass scraping too much, consider cleaning the sandbed.

the classic test: if you reach in and grab sand and drop it, would a huge cloud result

Thanks @brandon429, Guess that's my next course of action and it is due :-)
 
My tank is doing well, but I keep getting algae on my glass. I clean it just about daily, is that normal?

You can clean it as much as you need it. Try having a shorter light cycle. I run my lights about 8 hours a day and I clean my glass daily. Don’t worry
 
the #1 action one can do to lessen and in many cases stop their glass growths for several months is a sandbed change or a correct/all at once 100% sandbed cleaning. you can get away with sheer neglect after one of those, they're the fountain of youth...glass scraping stops in mine for about 3-4 months as its already a pretty low bioload system. for those with a bed if you feel you are glass scraping too much, consider cleaning the sandbed.

the classic test: if you reach in and grab sand and drop it, would a huge cloud result
Would regularly cleaning the sand help prevent it? I would worry about sand dwellers.
 
I clean the front and one side every other day regardless as I like to see all my inhabitants clearly with no distortion, the other side I have my frag racks attached and it is next to a wall so I leave it along with the back of the DT to achieve a natural look and it keeps my tangs and snails happy
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top