I’ve posted about this fish before

B1BB660E-D104-4428-A2D3-F943AF3D71A1.jpeg

That's a bit of gravel/sand.

Jay
 

That's not a fluke - a bit of plastic perhaps.

Only one species of fluke is easily seen in dips - Neobenedenia. Those are very distinctive - gray ovals and 2 mm long. All of the other flukes species are too small to see without a microscope, and after a dip, they are just little balls of mucus.

the way to use a dip is this: if you see the big Neobendenia, that confirms that. If you don't see that, watch the fish over the next four days. If the symptoms improve, then you can confirm flukes by inference.

jay
 
Greasy water dip done for 2 and half’s mins straight tap a scale came of is this flukes?
2649D5F0-B856-4AFA-A031-FB6DAAAFB27F.jpeg

I see a scale and some sand/detritus.

I should have mentioned - if you plan on examining post dip water, it has to be CLEAN going in, looking through sand and detritus makes any meaningful evaluation almost impossible.

Jay



Jay
 
I see a scale and some sand/detritus.

I should have mentioned - if you plan on examining post dip water, it has to be CLEAN going in, looking through sand and detritus makes any meaningful evaluation almost impossible.

Jay



Jay
Compared to microscope, this is what looks similar (below). Hmmm- never thought about sand

1682120690869.png
 
I see a scale and some sand/detritus.

I should have mentioned - if you plan on examining post dip water, it has to be CLEAN going in, looking through sand and detritus makes any meaningful evaluation almost impossible.

Jay



Jay
Hey Jay thanks for you help this is the bucket I put the wrasse in. I swayed the water so you can see things floating in water
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6957.MOV
    9.3 MB
The flatworms I'm used to seeing after a fw dip are pretty distinct and have a sesame seed like appearance. If it were me and I was concerned for the fish I would just dose the prazipro. Just make sure theres plenty of oxygen, your fish will be ok. I've used prazi in dt multiple times with no I'll effects, quite the opposite really. My current midas blenny was treated and "cured" of flukes in dt.
 
The flatworms I'm used to seeing after a fw dip are pretty distinct and have a sesame seed like appearance. If it were me and I was concerned for the fish I would just dose the prazipro. Just make sure theres plenty of oxygen, your fish will be ok. I've used prazi in dt multiple times with no I'll effects, quite the opposite really. My current midas blenny was treated and "cured" of flukes in dt.
Thanks for your response this helps make me feel a little better about medication in dt
 
Hey Jay thanks for you help this is the bucket I put the wrasse in. I swayed the water so you can see things floating in water
I don’t see any flukes in that, but it isn’t a “clean dip” - I used to yell at my staff if they brought me dip like that to sort through (grin).
Jay
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top