I Received a NEW Trident NP Nitrate & Phosphate Tester!!!!

Finally got the firmware update today, and set the Trident NP up, besides wiring and running the tubes, the actual setup process in Fusion took about an hour.

The videos were very well presented, and heavy emphasis on wearing gloves when handling the reagents.

I am also using a glass waste container bc I don't have a HDPE 2 Container. The waste solution in the reagents kit is a chaulky powder that needs RO water added. Unfortunately the walk through videos state to not dump the waste liquid down the drain, but provides no direction afterwards.

Other than the initial setup the unit works just like the original trident, however the tests take about 25% longer. And the schedule default is once a day.

As far as the readings go, I was receiving 0 Nitrates with my Hanna checker, but my po4 results were a little higher on the Trident (+.03) but it's been over a week since I tested po4. I would like to assume the Trident has higher accuracy, only time will tell. Once the Trident takes a few more measurements I will run the calibration fluid and post results here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need me to clarify.

Screenshot_20240531-154043.png

HDPE 2 isn't some unobtanium or something. Milk jugs are made out of it.
 
HDPE 2 isn't some unobtanium or something. Milk jugs are made out of it.
Yep! Just didn't have any extra laying around. Ordered some from Amazon.

I am using a BRS 1 gallon for my trident, and I have an extra one. But its #3 Vinyl - which support recommended I didn't use
 
Yep! Just didn't have any extra laying around. Ordered some from Amazon.

I am using a BRS 1 gallon for my trident, and I have an extra one. But its #3 Vinyl - which support recommended I didn't use

I've used an old milk jug for my Trident waste for a long time. Lol
 
Last edited:
I am also using a glass waste container bc I don't have a HDPE 2 Container. The waste solution in the reagents kit is a chaulky powder that needs RO water added. Unfortunately the walk through videos state to not dump the waste liquid down the drain, but provides no direction afterwards.
Congrats on your NP and thanks for being awesome. (all of your are awesome)

Also, SOO happy to hear your setup has gone well! :) :) :)

Regarding excess reagent, will cover that during a reagent change and a Trident Shutdown.


 
I am also using a glass waste container bc I don't have a HDPE 2 Container. The waste solution in the reagents kit is a chaulky powder that needs RO water added. Unfortunately the walk through videos state to not dump the waste liquid down the drain, but provides no direction afterwards.
Congrats on your NP and thanks for being awesome. (all of you are awesome)

Also, SOO happy to hear your setup has gone well! :) :) :)

Regarding excess reagent, will cover that during a reagent change and a Trident Shutdown.


 
Last edited:
Congrats on your NP and thanks for being awesome. (all of your are awesome)

Also, SOO happy to hear your setup has gone well! :) :) :)

Regarding excess reagent, will cover that during a reagent change and a Trident Shutdown.


Awesome Paul! Thank you so much for this. I obviously haven't needed to replace agents yet
 
The only thing really to question is how many went into the hands of hobbyist vs those trying to flip them and make a couple bucks.
Currently $1100-$1500 on ebay. :flushed-face:
 
The system feels really complicated and expensive to run compared to the normal trident.
We do our best to take you through every part of the process step by step with video. The chemistry of the NP is truly exciting, but does require a few more steps to use.
 
They are sold out. I ordered one around 2am.

So much for Apex is a failing platform rhetoric :grimacing-face:
You have to know how many were available at launch to know. If they had 10 at launch or 1000 at launch tells a much different story.
 
Where did you buy all your Neptune gear? How did they discover that you were a good customer? I have Neptune stickers all over my house! I would love an appreciation gift that's awesome congrats!
It all connects to the Fusion cloud so they know exactly what equipment we are using!
 
Same thing
That's awesome, they never even bothered to send me the 25th anniversary hat and shirt I was supposed to get when I bought the A3 Apex. Lol
Same here. Never received hat and shirt from them.
 
Finally got the firmware update today, and set the Trident NP up, besides wiring and running the tubes, the actual setup process in Fusion took about an hour.

The videos were very well presented, and heavy emphasis on wearing gloves when handling the reagents.

I am also using a glass waste container bc I don't have a HDPE 2 Container. The waste solution in the reagents kit is a chaulky powder that needs RO water added. Unfortunately the walk through videos state to not dump the waste liquid down the drain, but provides no direction afterwards.

Other than the initial setup the unit works just like the original trident, however the tests take about 25% longer. And the schedule default is once a day.

As far as the readings go, I was receiving 0 Nitrates with my Hanna checker, but my po4 results were a little higher on the Trident (+.03) but it's been over a week since I tested po4. I would like to assume the Trident has higher accuracy, only time will tell. Once the Trident takes a few more measurements I will run the calibration fluid and post results here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need me to clarify.

Screenshot_20240531-154043.png
That's a great recap. Thank you for sharing.
 
That's a great recap. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you! I have to give back on this one. I'm very grateful I was able to get this unit. I've been struggling with low nitrates and balancing phosphorus. Here is the 2nd reading from the unit, it looks to be balancing out
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240601-094636.png
    Screenshot_20240601-094636.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 168
Thank you! I have to give back on this one. I'm very grateful I was able to get this unit. I've been struggling with low nitrates and balancing phosphorus. Here is the 2nd reading from the unit, it looks to be balancing out
Right on! It has the potential to be a very powerful tool in that aspect. Receiving daily test results in order to interpret trends should make it easy to incorporate DOS (QD) to add the appropriate amount of N and/or P to stability. And on the flipside, for folks like me who have higher nutrients, it would help with dosing lanthanum for lowering P and carbon for lowering N.

It's going to be an interesting next couple of months.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top