Isaac's CADE 1500s2/ Peninsula Reef Build

Parameters this evening:

IMG_7275.jpeg



The phosphates and nitrates have risen since I cut back the carbon dosing to help ease back the dinos. I need to start supplementing magnesium automatically.
 
Last edited:
do you intentionally keep your alk at 7 or is that just where it ended up over time?
 
do you intentionally keep your alk at 7 or is that just where it ended up over time?
I use TMPro so it’s at that 7 dkh mark at mix. But I target 7.5 usually. I need to increase the kalk drip. I think my ph is a bit higher recently so the corals are growing a bit.
 
Did some maintenance today and siphoned up a bunch of the “golden” algae chrysophytes (or dinos) from the front half of the tank into a filter sock.

Stuff seems odd.

IMG_7284.jpeg


Outside to rinse them out:

IMG_7288.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation on the Octo Aquatics Nori Clip! Mine was delivered today and I just used it for the first time. It works great and is so much better than the old school suction cup design I had been using.
 
Cost Reduction Potential

Stumbling onto a potentially huge cost reduction resource for my RedSea ReefMat 1200 fleece roll through a 3rd party manufacturer.

Following up today and tomorrow. I will document the process here as it progresses to an order.

Stay tuned.
 
Install:
Lifegard Pro-Max High Output UV Sterilizer 40 watt



Ok. Time to check the components:

Plumbing kit from marine and reef…seems to be an AquaUV brand kit. Hopefully it fits.

…and seems images aren’t uploading to Reef2Reef….
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top