Isaac's CADE 1500s2/ Peninsula Reef Build

Ballast box contents:

IMG_7322.jpeg


IMG_7323.jpeg


IMG_7324.jpeg


IMG_7326.jpeg


IMG_7325.jpeg
 
Another hiccup…

Decided to use the heavy duty brackets on the UV hosting instead of the printed ones. The unit hosting is heavy. And it’s going to just get heavier with water.

IMG_7335.jpeg


Issue is I need the feet on the other side…

IMG_7336.jpeg


So the tubing comes from and leads toward the aquarium.


I don’t like loosening these bills since I’m not sure how the joint is sealed.
 
Ok mounted to studs. But only to the right side of the housing since the left side is unreachable for me. I’m feeling confident that my lag screws will hold this thing. It seems solid.

IMG_7350.jpeg



And in think it still is somewhat hidden if you’re not looking for it…

IMG_7351.jpeg


IMG_7349.jpeg
 
The tapered gasket is for the old-style endcap and you cannot use it with the new endcap. The new endcap should have a flat non tapered gasket preinstalled.
 
The tapered gasket is for the old-style endcap and you cannot use it with the new endcap. The new endcap should have a flat non tapered gasket preinstalled.
It came with the flat non tapered gasket but not preinstalled. Although, the most recent video from Lifegard Aquatics shows the new housing, which allows you to change out the UV bulb while housing is full of water, does still show using both the flat non tapered as well as the tapered gasket -- they bookend the quartz sleeve and seal as well as hold it in place.
 
It came with the flat non tapered gasket but not preinstalled. Although, the most recent video from Lifegard Aquatics shows the new housing, which allows you to change out the UV bulb while housing is full of water, does still show using both the flat non tapered as well as the tapered gasket -- they bookend the quartz sleeve and seal as well as hold it in place.
I have one of these myself. The tapered gasket is not used if you have the new endcap.
 
Interestingly, in the comment section of the @lifegard_aquatics install video other users have gotten defective double sided threaded connectors that won’t allow the sleeve to slide through — same experience I’m having…


IMG_7362.jpeg



Video link:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top