Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I was going to suggest H2O2 but I noticed you had some soft corals. I believe Hydrogen Peroxide may cause problems with softies but I am not 100% and depending on dosage will affect some inverts if you have any.. I lost a Fire shrimp and a rock boring urchin as I steadily increased the dose but my Euphyllias, Montis, and Acros are ok. My pincushion urchins were ok until recently but I think its because I am dosing higher amounts and they also may be starving from the reduction of algae to graze on. Otherwise Hydrogen Peroxide and a cheap Turbo Twist UV has done very well for algae in my aquarium. I am mainly targeting Ich, but I have seen a significant reduction in hair algae. Also make sure to only dose at night and I wouldn't mix different additives just stick with one to be safe.If fluconazle is supposed to weaken the algae cell walls I wonder if I should be doing something alongside the treatment? Like H2O2 dosing?
I know, I’m being impatient. But just as a thought exercise, if the cell walls are weaker then increased oxidization in the water could enhance the breakdown of cell structure, right? I suppose the use of H2O2 or any other treatment at the same time is a “too-many-things-at-once” situation which I should avoid.
I was hoping for something more dramatic to happen I suppose — but nothing seems to happen quickly and I should wait for balance.
Planning on turning on skimmer in about an hour. My pH really took a hit with the skimmer off.
I can't speak for direct hits, but I use an oxydator w/ 12% peroxide in my tank to help control algae - no issues with my softies.I was going to suggest H2O2 but I noticed you had some soft corals. I believe Hydrogen Peroxide may cause problems with softies but I am not 100% and depending on dosage will affect some inverts if you have any.. I lost a Fire shrimp and a rock boring urchin as I steadily increased the dose but my Euphyllias, Montis, and Acros are ok. My pincushion urchins were ok until recently but I think its because I am dosing higher amounts and they also may be starving from the reduction of algae to graze on. Otherwise Hydrogen Peroxide and a cheap Turbo Twist UV has done very well for algae in my aquarium. I am mainly targeting Ich, but I have seen a significant reduction in hair algae. Also make sure to only dose at night and I wouldn't mix different additives just stick with one to be safe.
Is there something I can read about this? I've never really fully read up on these things.I can't speak for direct hits, but I use an oxydator w/ 12% peroxide in my tank to help control algae - no issues with my softies.
There are a couple threads floating around here about it, but there's a Facebook group that is more active which is where I was able to get better information before purchasing. I believe it's called oxydator user group or something along those lines.Is there something I can read about this? I've never really fully read up on these things.
Question if you don’t mind answering: Would you recommend that ecoflow battery? What size did you guy and how long does it last you in the event of a power outage?I learned a free days ago what this little temple warningsymbol means on the Apex EB832 means…
![]()
My EcoFlow battery backup was in the middle of recharging after an overnight power outage..
![]()
This caused the voltage to drop. Luckily everything was running fine and the Ecoflow system load balanced the charging and AC draw.
Question if you don’t mind answering: Would you recommend that ecoflow battery? What size did you guy and how long does it last you in the event of a power outage?I learned a free days ago what this little temple warningsymbol means on the Apex EB832 means…
![]()
My EcoFlow battery backup was in the middle of recharging after an overnight power outage..
![]()
This caused the voltage to drop. Luckily everything was running fine and the Ecoflow system load balanced the charging and AC draw.

