My Big Beautiful Budget Breeder Build

6A1231CE-135B-4B0D-AE06-5C0459A2C937.jpeg
 
You've been busy sir. :)

Tomorrow is my frag day. 7 acans arriving and some upkeep on the zoas.

The growth and symmetry of ur colonies make sure I need t5's on the next build. Theres no valid arguement in my mind not to include them.

Everything looks great as always.
 
You've been busy sir. :)

Tomorrow is my frag day. 7 acans arriving and some upkeep on the zoas.

The growth and symmetry of ur colonies make sure I need t5's on the next build. Theres no valid arguement in my mind not to include them.

Everything looks great as always.

Great minds think alike ;) today is frag day for me also.. I picked up glue, epoxy, frag tiles and a big frag rack for my tank this week. I will be excited to see your acans, be sure to post lots of pictures!
 
So about a week ago my clam turned 90 deg so I couldn't see the mantle. I turned it back yesterday and when I got up this morning it had moved back.. lol

Meh.... seems happy so I'll let it have it's way for now.

A0291D29-C925-495C-B857-C2B1DECBC607.png
 
So about a week ago my clam turned 90 deg so I couldn't see the mantle. I turned it back yesterday and when I got up this morning it had moved back.. lol

Meh.... seems happy so I'll let it have it's way for now.

A0291D29-C925-495C-B857-C2B1DECBC607.png
How big was it when u got it? Ive always pondered one.
 
How big was it when u got it? Ive always pondered one.

Little under 2".. You can see it next to a 1" frag plug in this picture when I got it. It's at least 5" now if not bigger.

2A3D3514-F92A-4E8C-9ED1-F7DCE9B123F2.jpeg
 
Little under 2".. You can see it next to a 1" frag plug in this picture when I got it. It's at least 5" now if not bigger.

2A3D3514-F92A-4E8C-9ED1-F7DCE9B123F2.jpeg
Wow.. that sounds like above average growth to me. I imagine parameters play a huge role in their development. But man i wish i tried one last year. Little point now that its all gone in a year. Meh.
 
Clam on the move again, seems to be restless these days as it has never really moved much before. Major mantle extension so it seems to be happy with it's accomplishments :) Typically this would be a indication of not enough light but I know this is not the case with mine. I also just lowered my fixture 1" and raised my light intensity by 5% across the spectrum last week.

EED1A824-E428-4B86-B82B-C6379B254A0E.jpeg

953A40A5-C915-4FEC-8360-5200D83378E2.jpeg
 
Clam on the move again, seems to be restless these days as it has never really moved much before. Major mantle extension so it seems to be happy with it's accomplishments :) Typically this would be a indication of not enough light but I know this is not the case with mine. I also just lowered my fixture 1" and raised my light intensity by 5% across the spectrum last week.

EED1A824-E428-4B86-B82B-C6379B254A0E.jpeg

953A40A5-C915-4FEC-8360-5200D83378E2.jpeg
Great SHOTS! wow daddy wants one!
 
Great SHOTS! wow daddy wants one!

Thanks.. Daddy wants, daddy gets ;Hilarious. The mantle extension was absolutely ridicules yesterday, thought it was going to climb out of its shell at one point.. lol ;). The only thing I can think of is it's currently going through a growth spurt so maybe it's just trying to gain as much energy as possible?
 
Thanks.. Daddy wants, daddy gets ;Hilarious. The mantle extension was absolutely ridicules yesterday, thought it was going to climb out of its shell at one point.. lol ;). The only thing I can think of is it's currently going through a growth spurt so maybe it's just trying to gain as much energy as possible?

Whats ur par numbers where the flesh is? I hesrd they like 200+ i assume ur getting that with the t5s
 
Whats ur par numbers where the flesh is? I hesrd they like 200+ i assume ur getting that with the t5s

Probably around 220 at the mantle (it's directly under my LED). It's getting substantially more light than it ever has.
 
Clam on the move again, seems to be restless these days as it has never really moved much before. Major mantle extension so it seems to be happy with it's accomplishments :) Typically this would be a indication of not enough light but I know this is not the case with mine. I also just lowered my fixture 1" and raised my light intensity by 5% across the spectrum last week.

EED1A824-E428-4B86-B82B-C6379B254A0E.jpeg

953A40A5-C915-4FEC-8360-5200D83378E2.jpeg
This is so beautiful! What is the full name?
 
This is so beautiful! What is the full name?

Thank you! it's a Derasa clam (Tridacna derasa) one of the easiest clams to keep and they don't require super high PAR to be happy.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top