My Big Beautiful Budget Breeder Build

Will you have to rehome it?

You know thats a good question and hadn't even thought about it. from what I understand they can get up to 20 inches in captivity. Mine is approximately five years old and 5" across so that about a inch per year.. I figure I have at least another five years before worrying about it ;)
 
You know thats a good question and hadn't even thought about it. from what I understand they can get up to 20 inches in captivity. Mine is approximately five years old and 5" across so that about a inch per year.. I figure I have at least another five years before worrying about it ;)
I read 20 inches too and thought, well, I sure don't have that capacity. You can give him to the closest local public aquarium or take him to the ocean!
 
Or upgrade ;)

I was fondling my stimulus check last night while daydreaming of a sleek new rimless tank when Mrs Retro walked by and snatched it out of my hand, said she was putting it away for safe keeping ;Facepalm ;Hilarious
 
I was fondling my stimulus check last night while daydreaming of a sleek new rimless tank when Mrs Retro walked by and snatched it out of my hand, said she was putting it away for safe keeping ;Facepalm ;Hilarious
Violation! Reported!
;Stop
 
Oops! ;)

DSC_0524 (1024x719).jpg
 
Installed overflow sensor and it's working great! It also triggers a fairly loud audible alarm upon activation :) Instant stress reliever.. lol. It has no moving parts and it's not submerged so hopefully it will last many years.

D9DBCF0A-F522-4666-89FA-30FC34B288D6.jpeg

A6D20AE1-0108-4B2F-8ACE-F238B478151D.jpeg
 
Installed overflow sensor and it's working great! It also triggers a fairly loud audible alarm upon activation :) Instant stress reliever.. lol. It has no moving parts and it's not submerged so hopefully it will last many years.

D9DBCF0A-F522-4666-89FA-30FC34B288D6.jpeg

A6D20AE1-0108-4B2F-8ACE-F238B478151D.jpeg

Would that be the lighter blue thingie with the blue cable in amongst the blue? :P
 
Would that be the lighter blue thingie with the blue cable in amongst the blue? :p

The forum keeps blocking all my responses, so never mind ;Hilarious;)
 
BTW.. this is from one of those little blobs of flesh that fell off my trumpet. It has doubled in size and grown a mouth :) the other trumpets in picture are grandchildren of my mother colony.

E971EC39-C1AF-4793-9D50-87647E7D9E6A.jpeg

4ADEE32E-0717-431D-8335-AE7B46E88041.png
 
Yeah I agree, I’m not a fan of frag racks inside the display tank. It’s like a plumbers crack to me...I know you have underwear hanging in there but I don’t want to see it.

Much prefer frag racks over plumbers cracks :p
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top