New ATO coming out By Red Sea w/ level and temperature sensor !!

This was and has been the reason I hadn't ordered one yet. Not specifically a faulty leak detection sensor.


Multi function products rarely do any one function well and most functions they fail at. This applies to everything. Not just a Reda Sea ATO.
Yeah, it was my last hope. I was using the Tunze device that everybody seems to like, but that has failed me so many times. Mine sometimes fails to detect low water in the sump, and thus failing to detect the need to add fresh water. It has cost me a Royal exclusive return pump that ran dry for a while.
 
Yeah, it was my last hope. I was using the Tunze device that everybody seems to like, but that has failed me so many times. Mine sometimes fails to detect low water in the sump, and thus failing to detect the need to add fresh water. It has cost me a Royal exclusive return pump that ran dry for a while.
Best I've done so far is a reefbreeders Prism on a timer. I have a nano so I have two short times. For 1 minute, twice a day, my ATO powers on.
 
Have it running flawlessly for just under 3 weeks now, really happy with it so far. Also tested my leak sensor the other day since someone mentioned issues with it and it worked instantly with a small puddle and when i dried it all up it told me no leaks. Also disabled the emergency shutoff function when a leak gets detected just in case
 
I am still very happy with it... It has been running for a couple months now, no issues except for the temperature will not adjust low enough for me. I get an out of range warning. This is also used on a temperate tank run at 63F. I sure eventually they will get around to fixing it. But I am less than 1% of the users.
 
I dont see why not its just probes looking for a bridge
i think the water level sensors are the same as on the reefmats and redsea said the reefmats won’t work with freshwater because the titanium probes uses the conductivity in salt water for it to work or something to that nature. but i wanted to be sure.
 
anyone know if this will work with freshwater tanks?
It should minus the level sensor but reach out to red sea and have them best answer that

 
It’s been out for a few months I’ve seen a few mixed reviews. I bought one but haven't set it up yet. I don’t have an under the tank sump max e 260 I have the IM 15 gallon ATO reservoir. I really don’t want it to fail and dump a ton of water in my tank.

With it being out for a few months do you think I should keep it or return for something else?
 
It’s been out for a few months I’ve seen a few mixed reviews. I bought one but haven't set it up yet. I don’t have an under the tank sump max e 260 I have the IM 15 gallon ATO reservoir. I really don’t want it to fail and dump a ton of water in my tank.

With it being out for a few months do you think I should keep it or return for something else?
Ive seen good reviews and video
 
It’s been out for a few months I’ve seen a few mixed reviews. I bought one but haven't set it up yet. I don’t have an under the tank sump max e 260 I have the IM 15 gallon ATO reservoir. I really don’t want it to fail and dump a ton of water in my tank.

With it being out for a few months do you think I should keep it or return for something else?
I have been using mine since late July and I love it. My temperature was off at the start but that was on me because I could not figure out for the life of me what the calibration code was till I read the manual a few times. Probe had two tags with numbers on it. Had a leak once because I have it going into my IM AIo 120 so I am using IM hang on spout. Did not get the connection right the first time. Well the buzzer works awesome.

I changed out from filter socks to another filter caddy which dropped the water level down. The ATO started dumping water in and it timed out, shut the pump off and sent an alert to the app that the pump ran too long and was shutting off auto ato till issue was addressed. Nice to know this feature works. Absentminded me should have put the ATO into maintenance mode before swapping out the filters so fresh water was not dumped into the tank.
 
I pre-ordered it and was one of the first to get it. worked like a charm, trust it and haven't had any nonsense, some nice data can also be seen (don't use the leak sensor) maybe I should. the only minus I have is that it is a little noisy, but nowhere near as loud as my old tunze osmolator (sounded like a jet plane about to take off) has partially solved it with the pump not touching the reservoir itself.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top