New snowflake clown with mouth open

He is swimming just outside of the flow from the powerhead, but he is facing the powerhead. He is switching between that and facing towards the back of the tank, with his left side facing the powerhead. Overall i feel like he is feeling better, he is swimming top middle of the tank as opposed to hiding from the light at the bottom. He is just staying in that one spot. Stay tuned for the last video for the night.
 
No0o0o0o0o velvet was last thing I wanted to hear. What about the previous comment about how if it was velvet it would knock them out within a few days? Tommorow is day 7 for them in the tank.
Here's the video of them just now.
 
Clownfish are pretty resilient, everything you are saying sounds like velvet to me, I would wait for the experts to be sure but it wouldn't hurt to start getting the meds and qt tank going now. I would at the minimum get coppersafe with an API copper test kit, ruby reef rally and your qt setup.
 
I had a tang survive with visible velvet for 3 days(was flashing for a week or better before I realized what was going on) doing dips until I got a QT big enough for him. Clowns are way tougher than tangs are, you can make it thru this with 2 healthy fish in the end.
 
So should I keep dipping the little guy? Ill get the QT set up asap. Really appreciate you guys, extremely helpful. Also, I skipped the dose of melafix and pimafix tonight...can still go dose it if you guys think I should.
As soon as I turned the lights off he left that spot and went down.
 
I wouldn't do more than one dip in 24hrs. Give the little guy time to recover a bit.

For those little guys I wouldn't get anything bigger than a 5g QT, but you can probably find a 10g tank cheaper. Then all you need is an air pump, which you have, a sponge filter and a cheapo heater. Sometimes my local Wal-Mart has a 5g tank with filter and heater for a really good price, like $20 for all of it. Of course the Fritz Coppersafe and API copper test kit also.
 
I'm on it. Thanks again. Sponge filter - I have some cut to fit plain filter, is that what youre talking about? I also have some polyfilter that supposedly removes all sorts of things, should I run it on either tank?
I was planning 2 HOB filters on the main tank, with chemipure blue, some gfo, and polyfilter once everything starts going smooth. Right now I only have that cut to fit filter in there. Took out the chemipure blue for the meds, which I am guessing isnt a big deal that I skipped the dose tonight.
 

At 4:47ish in this video he says what he is running in his tank which is exactly what I was planning.
 
Just on the bottom of the tank and an airline go's in it. It would be used in your qt tank
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll try and cycle the QT quick with the ammonia and bottled bacteria. I'll wait for the nitrite spike to pass before i add them x i guess ill dip them every other day until its ready. Woke up this morning with big guy swimming into the flow, which is the first he's done it. *sigh*

Wish I could take you up on that QT offer I appreciate it but I'm way down south in Louisiana here.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top