#3 cycle call
Ok, so I have searched and can't come up with my exact answers so I have to ask. I have live rock from a fish store in CT that had really good reviews. The live rock was ok. I drove an hour and a half to get it so I was expecting better. Anyway, it was bagged in water and I put it in my tank with...
www.nano-reef.com
second poster, TerralCognita, is right.
when can the tank handle bioload? now or however old the live rock is... moving live rocks never causes dieoff from a reasonable drive, underwater, and we'd never add ammonia here to verify something we can see clearly, we dont pay extra for live rock, then burn it in doubt of bacteria, in a civilized cycling world.

(pods and worms and tiny benthic fanworms dont need reverification, you paid for them, treat them as alive and things that dislike nh3 burning)
are animals added going to be burned: no.
is api showing a problem, yes.
how are predictions from this thread lining up so far
why am I not concerned she had dieoff driving home? because it will not happen, we have hundreds of participants at any given time in our tank transfer/sand rinse thread, hour drives + are the norm.
she did a variation of the massive sand rinse thread linked from prior pages, though she was really just changing from LFS to home.
that doesnt cause a mini cycle in real life; only for api.
my whole reef could drain that long and not cycle.