Paying it forward. What a great thing to do!

image.jpg
Here is the wysiwyg of the chalice, it's a MH. Sorry for the crapy iphone picture.


Very nice chalice :)
Jackie
 
ok, a little off topic but..... what is a chalice? SPS? Grow slow or fast? I ask because they always look SO pretty but are ALWAYS SO expensive.
 
This MH chalice was a dime size, and had one eye when I fraged it and that was 3-4 months ago! It is now bigger then the plug with 8 eyes. So in this case this chalice is fast growing. I have a Oregon mummy eye I fraged at the same time and it was about the same size as the Miami, and it only has 4 eyes now. So some grow fast and some slowwwwwww.
 
Hi ever body how's it going today. Hot here in fl and hurricane coming soon. I should be fine.

Back to the thread. I may be receiving some test shipments from some one this week and I will give feed back on the different technics used and what worked better.
 
Hi ever body how's it going today. Hot here in fl and hurricane coming soon. I should be fine.

Back to the thread. I may be receiving some test shipments from some one this week and I will give feed back on the different technics used and what worked better.

Going awesome! I'll be sending some frags to diamond as soom as the leather heals.

Hurricane? Ugh, I don't watch the news anymore, too depressing. So it won't effect west side central fl?

Jackie
125g mixed reef peninsula
 
Hi ever body how's it going today. Hot here in fl and hurricane coming soon. I should be fine.

Back to the thread. I may be receiving some test shipments from some one this week and I will give feed back on the different technics used and what worked better.
Great to here, I would greatly appreciate some feed back on techniques used, being ill be shipping a box to Pete polyp this coming week, any little tip helps.
 
Hope all you in sc and nc have back up power and bubblers etc in case of power outages. It is going to be a category 2 huricane. If you live near the coast of nc I would defiantly have a back up plan. If you don't have back up power make extra water so you can do some water changes to help during an outage also get some bait battery bubblers from Walmart and some extra D batteries. The batteries last about 10 hours + or -.

If your planning to ship I would wait until next week due to shipping delays by the huricane.
 
Anybody want to PIF to a noob reefer in California? :) lol
 
Ok, here is a strange PIF type question... I have been following the thread since its inception and my impression was that I was not going to be able to PIF anytime soon as I only have a 28 gallon tank and am fairly new. HOWEVER, I may be premature with this thinking..... And a little to ambitious with not enough self control.

Over the independence day weekend, I have participated in 3 or 4 live sales... now that it is over, I realized I have purchased a LOT of frags... Perhaps more than I can safely fit in my tank. As MUCH as I would love all these corals in my tank, I would MUCH RATHER them survive.

Would it be weird to post frags I am willing to part with (NO COST OF COURSE) and then simply state IF they get to a size to be fragged later, I would appreciate being thought of... I am sure by that time I will have a bigger tank ;-)
 
Ok, here is a strange PIF type question... I have been following the thread since its inception and my impression was that I was not going to be able to PIF anytime soon as I only have a 28 gallon tank and am fairly new. HOWEVER, I may be premature with this thinking..... And a little to ambitious with not enough self control.

Over the independence day weekend, I have participated in 3 or 4 live sales... now that it is over, I realized I have purchased a LOT of frags... Perhaps more than I can safely fit in my tank. As MUCH as I would love all these corals in my tank, I would MUCH RATHER them survive.

Would it be weird to post frags I am willing to part with (NO COST OF COURSE) and then simply state IF they get to a size to be fragged later, I would appreciate being thought of... I am sure by that time I will have a bigger tank ;-)
I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
 
Sounds okay to me.

I would find someone you feel would like to give to. Also some one local to you would be easiest.

Thanks for thinking of others. Very kind of you
 
Sounds okay to me.

I would find someone you feel would like to give to. Also some one local to you would be easiest.

Thanks for thinking of others. Very kind of you

My pleasure... Like I said, I am a big fan of PIF and don't mind helping others if I can... I live by the rules of KARMA and the GOLDEN RULE ;-)
 
Ok, here is a strange PIF type question... I have been following the thread since its inception and my impression was that I was not going to be able to PIF anytime soon as I only have a 28 gallon tank and am fairly new. HOWEVER, I may be premature with this thinking..... And a little to ambitious with not enough self control.

Over the independence day weekend, I have participated in 3 or 4 live sales... now that it is over, I realized I have purchased a LOT of frags... Perhaps more than I can safely fit in my tank. As MUCH as I would love all these corals in my tank, I would MUCH RATHER them survive.

Would it be weird to post frags I am willing to part with (NO COST OF COURSE) and then simply state IF they get to a size to be fragged later, I would appreciate being thought of... I am sure by that time I will have a bigger tank ;-)

I also think this is great. still represent the whole concept IMO
 
I am sorry, who were the two we were thinking about so far? Diamond reef? and someone that is away in the Military? I would gladly PIF to them if they are interested....

Also, is there anyone in California? I have noticed we have a lot of East Coast people here....

I will know more next week when all my frags arrive :D
 
The guy will most likely be fall before we can do anything. Right now all he has is an 8 gallon nano with some dragon eye zoas and a couple of mushrooms. If someone wants to send some palys or zoas he could put that in the tank that is running.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top