Paying it forward. What a great thing to do!

The guy will most likely be fall before we can do anything. Right now all he has is an 8 gallon nano with some dragon eye zoas and a couple of mushrooms. If someone wants to send some palys or zoas he could put that in the tank that is running.
Sorry the military guy. he is in NC if any one is close that is interested as well or if you are looking to try a shipping experiment to the east coast
 
If anybody is feeling generous I would like to get some acros. I just got done dealing with a outbreak of red bugs and some of my acros aren't looking so great. So if anybody has some frags that they would be willing to part with I would be more than willing to pay shipping.
 
Just sent CORAL craving box it's in the mail now and it was shipped USPS overnight from Indiana to Texas and I'm really hoping that it goes well!
 
Just sent CORAL craving box it's in the mail now and it was shipped USPS overnight from Indiana to Texas and I'm really hoping that it goes well!

One tip.... Get the box to the shipping center as late as possible.

Good luck with the shipment. I'm sure if you used a good insulated box and an ice pack it should have a good chance.
 
Also, check with your PO. Some point of sale have cut off times for overnight. Mine is 1pm for example so I would get there at 12:45.
 
Agreed!!!! Thank you to all who have contributed to this site!! If it was not for info that I have got here that has worked or not worked in some cases HAHA!! I would not be where I am today. So yes let’s pay it fwd.
:amen:
 
I shipped using specimen containers and an insulated box with newspaper around each specimen. Drop off was noon with guaranteed delivery by noon I will keep my fingers crossed
 
Nice glad you all are getting this going. Slatte and lamonlyme good stuff.

Make sure you do your part people at least dip and if you can quarintine your new corals if receiving them. Not saying that anyone is giving away pests but we should make all attempts to give pest free coral away and do our part when receiving. I only want positive outcomes for everyone and would be terible if someone lost corals etc to not doing our due diligence when sending or receiving corals.

Other than that glad to see this going.
 
If you guys were wondering I just posted up some pictures on my tank thread and two of them were from Todd who PIF to me. When I started the thread I talked about what Todd had done for me and we got this whole thing going. Read the first post again of you need a refresher.

Hope all goes well with those shipments. We want technics and photos if you can and cost of shipping if you don't mind totally up to you just tring to get this down so it's easy cost effective and fun for everyone.
 
Great# When I get on my pc tonight I'll give it a visit :D its hard to find the links on the phone app. Signatures don't show. Can't wait to see them!
 
My package I received didn't go as well as planned but slate is awesome and we are trying again
Last I talked to coral craving he said all appeared to be great and the specimen containers worked perfect hopefully he will chime in with pics :)
 
I love this idea! I am wanting to try my first Acro but would hate to pay for a death! And I have some zoa frags I could pay it forward it's cherry charms and Mohawk zoas! For now but soon enough I'll have lots more!
 
Got my first PIF package in the mail yesterday from iamonlyme and everything is acclimating nicely! Aside from a small mix up on the postal carrier's end, everything went well with the shipping as far as I can tell. She used small specimen containers and packaged them nice and tight with newspaper inside of a styrofoam cooler. I'm one pleased PIF recipient and can't thank iamonlyme enough for her generous contribution to my tank! I also want to thank joekool for coming up with this great idea and starting this whole ordeal, once my tank get established and everything get big enough I'll be sure to pay it forward! Thanks again guys!
 
Curious... what size box was it and what did they charge for overnight? Was it flat rate or due to size and weight?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top