Paying it forward. What a great thing to do!

Got my first PIF package in the mail yesterday from iamonlyme and everything is acclimating nicely! Aside from a small mix up on the postal carrier's end, everything went well with the shipping as far as I can tell. She used small specimen containers and packaged them nice and tight with newspaper inside of a styrofoam cooler. I'm one pleased PIF recipient and can't thank iamonlyme enough for her generous contribution to my tank! I also want to thank joekool for coming up with this great idea and starting this whole ordeal, once my tank get established and everything get big enough I'll be sure to pay it forward! Thanks again guys!

Thank you for the kind words and it was great working with you I am confident they found a good home :) and I will def send you more when I trim back again :)
 
Honestly I am not sure but you can also purchase their shipping box which is a flat rate no matter the weight of the contents :)
 
Thank you for the kind words and it was great working with you I am confident they found a good home :) and I will def send you more when I trim back again :)

Very happy this went well. I had thought of using USPS the same way so may give that a try.

Some picture would be nice:
 
I wanted to Start this thing because of the generosity of another member. I'm glad that everyone is in the spirit of PIF and nothing makes me happier than to see it happening. Do on to others as you would want others to do on to you. My only hope is that we help each other out and that some members are honest about issues they had or there situations.

Keep up the good work

I'm hoping to go looking for ricordia and if I get plenty of them I want to share.

Also is everyone taking proper precautions with there new corals like dipping and or quarantine procedures.

Got my first PIF package in the mail yesterday from iamonlyme and everything is acclimating nicely! Aside from a small mix up on the postal carrier's end, everything went well with the shipping as far as I can tell. She used small specimen containers and packaged them nice and tight with newspaper inside of a styrofoam cooler. I'm one pleased PIF recipient and can't thank iamonlyme enough for her generous contribution to my tank! I also want to thank joekool for coming up with this great idea and starting this whole ordeal, once my tank get established and everything get big enough I'll be sure to pay it forward! Thanks again guys!
 
Sad news guys I lost a clown fish due to suicide by flight out of tank. I posted more about it on my tank thread. And this is a few months after losing my dragonet. Same way. Needing some more fish not less:cry:
 
Sad news guys I lost a clown fish due to suicide by flight out of tank. I posted more about it on my tank thread. And this is a few months after losing my dragonet. Same way. Needing some more fish not less:cry:

I lost my goby and a wrasse I was heart broken
 
That's not bad. Is there a weight limit? Some people may need to send bigger boxes with heavier water volume.

Jackie

Pricing depends on weight, size and distance. I have shipped small boxes for $28 and large ones that were $85
 
Looking into DIY screen top for my tank. Need more fish but need top first. Might o with bird screen at 1/2 but has to be clear. Not sure how large toole gets but might use that.

On another not are the corals doing good that were sent?
 
I made a DIY screen top for my biocube using a window screen window kit. That may be an option for you too.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1405787028.644281.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1405787060.261829.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1405787135.381135.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1405787204.982756.jpg
 
So how have you guys been picking your recipients - random search, etc. Earlier there was a sort of recipient nomination due to the dreaded tank circumstances which seemed cool. Would be cool to have a running list of peeps that really were in a bind and needed the help.
I PIF often to various starting out hobbiests in my area but would love to help someone out that is bouncing back from a hard blow with their tank and didnt let it get them out of the hobby but stood back up and try try again.
 
So how have you guys been picking your recipients - random search, etc. Earlier there was a sort of recipient nomination due to the dreaded tank circumstances which seemed cool. Would be cool to have a running list of peeps that really were in a bind and needed the help.
I PIF often to various starting out hobbiests in my area but would love to help someone out that is bouncing back from a hard blow with their tank and didnt let it get them out of the hobby but stood back up and try try again.

I'm waiting on a few sticks to heal up and I will be shipping a box to them. I pick who I think has put in the effort to learn about this hobby and may need a little help getting started, or recovery after a crash.
 
Just sent out a box to a reefer that had a tank crash, wanted to post him up here but he said he is embarrassed. I did ask for permission to post the pics of the corals he got this morning from me though, hopefully things went well I haven't heard from him yet!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top