Photon V2 48" Hybrid T5 Aquatic Life Conversion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

maasman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to start a thread to keep everyone informed of my plan to convert my 48" to Hybrid with T5's from Aquatic Life. I spoke to Dave at Aquatic Life and he was able to give me all the part numbers I need to make this happen. Just placed the order from BRS and the total with 4 ATI Blue Plus bulbs was $460.75. I know that seems like a lot, but this should be one killer hybrid fixture when done. Hoping to have this put together and hung on Tuesday of next week. Stay tuned!

48" Hybrid T5HO 4x54W Fixture with LED Mounting System - Black - Aquatic Life

SKU: 211165

1 $299.99
24" Rectangle LED Hybrid Mounting Bracket - Aquatic Life

SKU: 211527

2 $27.98
24" Decor Endcap for Hybrid Fixtures - Aquatic Life

SKU: 211819

1 $32.99
54W 48” T5 Blue Plus - ATI

SKU: 204335

4 $95.80
Subtotal $456.76
Shipping & Handling $3.99
Grand Total $460.75
 
2a5703a9171b620013c99e8b68447068.jpg
41309bdfbf61e8034070aae7665939a6.jpg
8a5bb271ba9d4be4cac02b167108d81b.jpg
 
So had a little difficulty getting it all together. Needed to replace screws in the RB light with longer bolts to thread into the braces. This light is pretty heavy now so I would also make sure you have planned support. I am running all ATI Coral Blues for 5 hours and instantly have seen a major difference.
 
I can also see every single area of my tank now. Hoping this combo is exactly what I needed.
 
Looks great! How much space is there between the t5 and the reefbreeder?
 
Probably 2 inches on both side. I took and bent pipe from Depot on a 90 and mounted them to the back of the tank. They supported my RB light and needed a little reinforcing for this.
 
@Alp. I wanted to use your mounting wires but needed them shorter across the unit so went with bronze chain.
 

Beautiful tank Chris!

How much longer do you need the bolts to be? We have a couple of options, one is called a standoff bolt that lengthens the current bolts. We are also having longer bolts for our lights made for those who need them.
 
Beautiful tank Chris!

How much longer do you need the bolts to be? We have a couple of options, one is called a standoff bolt that lengthens the current bolts. We are also having longer bolts for our lights made for those who need them.

I'd like to know more about the longer bolts or the standoff bolts.

I made an 80/20 extrusion mount, and used a long threaded bolt to extend mine, and it's terrible.

@maasman / @AquaticLifeProducts , do you think this could be easily attached to 80/20?
 
Great looking set-up. You said you've seen an immediate impact? I'm assuming on your corals...can you elaborate?

Thank you.

I am running the T5’s for 5 hours and can tell a difference in the corals.
 
I'd like to know more about the longer bolts or the standoff bolts.

I made an 80/20 extrusion mount, and used a long threaded bolt to extend mine, and it's terrible.

@maasman / @AquaticLifeProducts , do you think this could be easily attached to 80/20?

I am not sure what you are referencing. 80/20? The square head bolts in the tracks of the RB light just needed to be a little longer and diameter a little smaller to go through the braces on the AL unit.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top