Pico Reef Tank Build Thread - Lifegard 3.8

Woah this tank is so colorful! Amazing!

I love how that sinularia near the filter compartment looks. How fast does it grow, and are you using carbon to avoid chemical warfare? I might consider one for my nano :)
 
Woah this tank is so colorful! Amazing!

I love how that sinularia near the filter compartment looks. How fast does it grow, and are you using carbon to avoid chemical warfare? I might consider one for my nano :)
It hasn’t been growing too fast and I haven’t had to do any pruning yet. I do use Chemipure blue nano which has both carbon and something similar to purigen
 
It hasn’t been growing too fast and I haven’t had to do any pruning yet. I do use Chemipure blue nano which has both carbon and something similar to purigen
Thanks for replying! I don't run any carbon right now and I have a Sinularia dura already with no ill effects, I think I'm going to look for one similar to yours to fill that empty space in my nano! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: And if I notice anything fishy I'll just add some carbon in the filter compartment.
 
I haven’t yet, so I have to figure that out myself
Clean fresh blade, slices right through. I usually iodine dip & add fresh carbon when trimming any leathers though. They can get grumpy and upset other inhabitants
 
My Pico reef tank is the model for the Kraken lid apparently. I just ordered a new one from them with a feeding port. They make really good lids and accessories
E2F53D4B-49EF-4605-9BC7-BD304C59C233.jpeg
 
I found you on Youtube! Glad you have a Reef2Reef forum! I have riccordia and RFAs in my little evo also (well big compared to your tank) and have found RFAs/Zoas/Riccordia all dont seem to mind each other.

Any tips/suggestions on keeping RFAs nice and happy? Truly a beautiful tank! Love all the different colors.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top